Anyone using eKeypad with Polisy?

rwsani99

I've been using eKeypad for years with my ELK M1 and my previous ISY-994.  Now that I've switched to a Polisy, I'm having trouble adding my Polisy to the eKeypad app. I'm trying to use the ISY Portal (my.isy.io) for the network address.  And I also get the same error when I try to use my local IP address from within my LAN.

I get the following error: 

ISY Validation Error,  Unknown ISY device. 

Anyone have this working or know what I'm missing?

I don't have a Polisy, but eKeypad Pro uses a direction connection and does not use the ISY portal that I am away of.  Although there are some posts indicating some have been able to gt third party apps to work with the portal.  

I use the local static (or static lease) IP address or port forwarding WAN IP (thus need a DDNS service since I don't have a static WAN IP from your ISP).  

1. Have you tired using the Polisy local credentials and not the ISY portal credentials?

2. What port are you using? Looks like Polisy uses 8443

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Polisy_OS_Versions_Below_13

Adding @jaysonc in case  he knows of something.  

Edited by elvisimprsntr

17 hours ago, rwsani99 said:

I've been using eKeypad for years with my ELK M1 and my previous ISY-994.  Now that I've switched to a Polisy, I'm having trouble adding my Polisy to the eKeypad app. I'm trying to use the ISY Portal (my.isy.io) for the network address.  And I also get the same error when I try to use my local IP address from within my LAN.

I get the following error: 

ISY Validation Error,  Unknown ISY device. 

Anyone have this working or know what I'm missing?

You should email support@ekeypad.net and ask Jayson for assistance.  I tried to look at my settings but apparently I've deleted that app (I set it up but never got it configured in a way that I liked, and ultimately abandoned it).

On 11/22/2022 at 7:00 AM, MrBill said:

You should email support@ekeypad.net and ask Jayson for assistance.  I tried to look at my settings but apparently I've deleted that app (I set it up but never got it configured in a way that I liked, and ultimately abandoned it).

I have emailed Jayson and I will update this thread with his reply.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After several emails back and forth with Jayson at Ekeypad, I now have it working with my Polisy 5.5.4.  Jayson was unable to find any issues or replicate my problem on his end, but it's unclear what hardware and ISY version he is using for testing.

I stumbled upon this 'solution' and have no idea what got me past my validation error.  Here are my steps:

Enter config info:  my.isy.io, Port 443, Failover No, HTTPS, Username, Password

hit the SAVE

get "ISY Validation Error" with 2 options "Add Disabled" or "Cancel Save"

select "Add Disabled"

hit "Dismiss" on a Notice that you have added an unverified and disabled device

this takes you back to the list of System Devices, select the 'disabled' system you just added.

select Configuration Details

toggle Hide Controller to NO

hit SAVE

I know this sounds a bit crazy and once or twice I've had to repeat the 'toggle Hide Controller to NO' before it succeeded.  I think there is some validation problem that is not understood, but at least it is now working for me.  Next step is to figure out how to use nodes created the Bond or other servers with the Ekeypad apps.  I'll start another thread with that issue if anyone is interested.

• 1 month later...

Just in case it's useful to anyone...

When using the portal as indicated above by rwsani99 to access the ISY/eISY from eKP:

>>> Enter config info:  my.isy.io, Port 443, Failover No, HTTPS, Username, Password

the Username has to be the Portal username (email), not the ISY/eISY username.

RV

37 minutes ago, hchain said:

the Username has to be the Portal username (email), not the ISY/eISY username

Correct. That's always been the case for anything using the ISY Portal to connect to the device. Just like if you used the Admin Console URL found in the ISY Portal to access Admin Console while remote. You need to use the credentials for ISY Portal if using that method.

The local credentials are only used when directly connecting to the device (either locally or if remote direct connection through port forwarding).