WeatherBit not working

mike2545
Go to solution Solved by mike2545,

The node server has been available for over a year and you're the first to notice that that the notice messages have the wrong service in them.

Pushed out version 2.0.6 that fixes the messages.

It's the weatherbit service so it uses the weatherbit.io API key.  I'm not sure which documentation you're referring to.  The configuration help text says:

The WeatherBit.io node server has the following user configuration
parameters:

- APIkey   : Your API ID, needed to authorize connection to the WeatherBit API.
- Elevation : The elevation, in meters, of the location. Default is 0
- Forecast Days: The number of days of forecast data to track*
  - lat&lon      Ex: lat=38.123&lon=-78.543
        - city,state   Ex: city=Raleigh,NC
        - city&contry  Ex: city=Raleigh&country=US
        - city\_id      Ex: city\_id=8953360
        - station      Ex: station=KSEA
        - postal\_code  Ex: postal\_code=27601
        - postal\_code&country   Ex: postal\_code=27601&country=US
- Plant Type: Used as part of the ETo calculation to compensate for different types of ground cover.  Default is 0.23
- Units    : M for si and I for imperial. Default is M

*The number of days of forecast data and poll times depend on the plan.

- Free plan, 7 days max, short poll 1800, long poll 43200
- Hobbyist plan, 7 days max, short poll 250, long poll 21600
- Starter plan, 16 days max, short poll 60, long poll 3600

To get an API key, register at www.weatherbit.io

What's not clear about that?

How strange.... I purchased the Weatherbit NS back in July, 2022 and all seems to work correctly. I have version 2.05 installed. I saw the thread above and tried upgrade via the (Re)Install button on the Node Server Purchases page. There is an Order ID code displayed for this NS (Not a trial version) on the page.

When I click (Re)Install, I get a message "Cannot find purchase Option for License Record"

All of my other Purchased NS display an install NS popup. Only Weatherbit responds with this message.

How do I fix this?

Greg

21 hours ago, mike2545 said:

A few things to note about Location (at the time of this post):

city=

and

postal\_code=

don't work.

It's possible they've changed the API to not accept all the methods they use to accept. I don't have time to track the changes that all the different services make over time.

Also, I posted the raw (unformatted) text from the help box so it contains the markup code as well.  What should be displayed in the help text and what you enter are "postal_code"  

19 hours ago, gviliunas said:

How strange.... I purchased the Weatherbit NS back in July, 2022 and all seems to work correctly. I have version 2.05 installed. I saw the thread above and tried upgrade via the (Re)Install button on the Node Server Purchases page. There is an Order ID code displayed for this NS (Not a trial version) on the page.

When I click (Re)Install, I get a message "Cannot find purchase Option for License Record"

All of my other Purchased NS display an install NS popup. Only Weatherbit responds with this message.

How do I fix this?

Greg

There are two ways to to re-install, the other way is to go to the full store listing, select the node server, and select "Install" there.

In theory, both ways should work but there are some differences and for some node servers those difference currently cause some false failures. 

• 4 months later...

Mine stopped yesterday along with install of 5.6.0 and restart of PG3.  My forecast is a day off and I have zeros in all the current info.

I sent all my logs to Bob.

I even created a NEW API and installed a new nodeserver and same issue (except zero on all forecasts also so I assume the other stuff is cached data).

Anyone else?

And yes I have restarted PG3 again and my poll times are set accordingly to the limited plan.

14 hours ago, macjeff said:

Mine stopped yesterday along with install of 5.6.0 and restart of PG3.  My forecast is a day off and I have zeros in all the current info.

I sent all my logs to Bob.

I even created a NEW API and installed a new nodeserver and same issue (except zero on all forecasts also so I assume the other stuff is cached data).

Anyone else?

And yes I have restarted PG3 again and my poll times are set accordingly to the limited plan.

About an hour ago it starting bringing in data.  I am running it twice now with two different API's so they must have fixed the issue.

I would not have reported if their status page did not say UP for all the parts of the API.  I bet its something they have to update and they did not know it was down until they got my ticket I sent in yesterday.  LOL

But working now!!!