Installation instructions?

vbPhil
Go to solution Solved by brians,

10 minutes ago, MWareman said:

none of the devices paired with the dongle are responding - and the 'Home ID' on the 'Zwave Information' menu has changed. I suspect it's started using the zwave module on the zmatter board in preference to the dongle. 

I popped the card out and rebooted as I need the zwave devices working. At this point I'm going to await the format instructions.

I think I have another issue that may impact this - my backups are failing.  I get a 1kb .zip file that is corrupted. So - hoping the final instructions will have a command line way to pull the data from the Zooz dongle to the filesystem - then push it to the zmatter board.

The board arrived late yesterday.  I installed it and restored the backup from my ISY.  The Z-Wave devices did nor come over.  I uninstalled the devices from my ISY one by one and installed them in the policy as I uninstalled them.  I worked several hours and got about half my devices installed.  I decided to quit for the night.  I tried to back up the Z-Wave and discovered that there was not a backup in the menu.  Then I noticed the Learn mode had disapeared.

I go up this morning and decided to uninstall the rest of the Z-Wave devices from the ISY.  I factory reset the Z-Wave module in the ISY, removed it, then unplugged the ISY.  When finished with it, I uninstalled the Z-Wave devices in the Polisy.  Still no learn mode.  I reset the dongle and learn came back.  Still no backup in the Z-Wave menu.  

Before enrolling I do an un-enroll.  As soon as I enroll any device, learn mode goes away.

Any suggestions.

45 minutes ago, Techman said:

I just noticed that now if I reboot the Polisy some of my Zwave nodes on the Multisensor 6 quit working. If I do a restore device I get the attached error message.

I uninstalled the Multisensor 6,  did a factory reset on the Zmatter board, and reinstalled the Multisensor 6 and now my nodes are all there.

The Zmatter firmware may need a touch-up.

UPDATE: Seems the nodes on the Multisensor 6 populated but are not updating.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 142429.jpg

Perhaps the synchronize does not fully reestablish the zwave links?  Personally, I think I'm going to await the official backup/restore details for the zwave network information as this is new teritary for me.

8 minutes ago, MWareman said:

, I think I'm going to await the official backup/restore details for the zwave network information as this is new teritary for me.

I couldn’t resist the temptation to install it. I thought why would they send me the module with instructions on installing it and no message to wait. Anyway, it’s in along with the ZooZ dongle and all my zwave is still working. Enough experimenting, I’ll wait for more. 

• Like 1

I installed the board this evening and have IoX 5.4.5 with ZWave enabled. I did not have the ZooZ dongle set up previously, as I've been putting off a full migration to IoP.

The Z-Wave menu is available, but when I pull it down all it has is a single item "! Z-Wave dongle not responding"

I've tried updating model again, and rebooting a few times, but nothing seem to change.

Probably best to wait until the next firmware update is released with better ZMatter support. (at least with the Wave version pulldown)

10 hours ago, stevesreed said:

I installed the board this evening and have IoX 5.4.5 with ZWave enabled. I did not have the ZooZ dongle set up previously, as I've been putting off a full migration to IoP.

The Z-Wave menu is available, but when I pull it down all it has is a single item "! Z-Wave dongle not responding"

I've tried updating model again, and rebooting a few times, but nothing seem to change.

Probably best to wait until the next firmware update is released with better ZMatter support. (at least with the Wave version pulldown)

Make sure "Zwave support" box is checked on the configuration tab. Zwave should be working using the current firmware.

2 hours ago, asbril said:

@Techman Do I understand that you succesfully installed and use the new ZMatter board using Zwave ?

I also have it installed and working with 1 zwave switch.  I have a room with an Insteon motion sensor that triggers the switch and the switch is in an awkward position in the room so I wanted it working now.  I did an exclusion to remove the switch from the i994 and an inclusion with IoP and it is working fine. 

I'm waiting for migration instructions for the rest of my z-wave devices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just completed the hardware install of Zmatter hardware.  The most difficult part was connecting the antenna wires to the board due to being a very small connection and my fat fingers.  After many minutes of trying to connect, I decided to remove the antenna connections from the cover to make way easier.  This made the installation very simple.  As stated above and confirmed today by Michel, we need to wait until Thursday to cutover to the ZMatter.  The Polisy works with the ZMatter hardware installed along with the dongle with no problems.  I'm ready!!!

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

• Like 2
1 minute ago, teuhl said:

Just completed the hardware install of Zmatter hardware.  The most difficult part was connecting the antenna wires to the board due to being a very small connection and my fat fingers.  After many minutes of trying to connect, I decided to remove the antenna connections from the cover to make way easier.  This made the installation very simple.  As stated above and confirmed today by Michel, we need to wait until Thursday to cutover to the ZMatter.  The Polisy works with the ZMatter hardware installed along with the dongle with no problems.  I'm ready!!!

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1974.jpg

I hope that’s an anti-static ESD compliant towel. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, Techman said:

Make sure "Zwave support" box is checked on the configuration tab. Zwave should be working using the current firmware.

I have zwave support checked. There is no indication that the zmatter board is working. The board is properly seated, so I’m not sure why it’s not recognized. 

4 minutes ago, stevesreed said:

I have zwave support checked. There is no indication that the zmatter board is working. The board is properly seated, so I’m not sure why it’s not recognized. 

Try removing power from the Polisy for about 15 seconds. The Polisy should see the new board, If it's still not recognized then It's probably best to open a support ticket with UD

support@universal-devices.com 

Just now, Techman said:

Try removing power from the Polisy for about 15 seconds. The Polisy should see the new board, If it's still not recognized then It's probably best to open a support ticket with UD

support@universal-devices.com 

So, how do you know if the board is working?  Is there a status message somewhere or something in the event viewer?

35 minutes ago, vbphil said:

So, how do you know if the board is working?  Is there a status message somewhere or something in the event viewer?

If you have an unused/spare zwave device, try installing it

In the Zwave menu, under advanced, zwave information, you should see the info in the attached screenshot, assuming that you don't have the Zooz dongle attached.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 170435.jpg

24 minutes ago, Techman said:

If you have an unused/spare zwave device, try installing it

In the Zwave menu, under advanced, zwave information, you should see the info in the attached screenshot, assuming that you don't have the Zooz dongle attached.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 170435.jpg

Ya, I see. I have ZooZ stick installed to keep my zwave running so that’s out. There’s probably a way in terminal mode via ssh. 

20 hours ago, teuhl said:

Just completed the hardware install of Zmatter hardware.  The most difficult part was connecting the antenna wires to the board...

I initially tried to connect the wires with the ZMatter board plugged into the mPCIe connector, and I struggled with this as well. I ended up removing the board from the connector, attaching the wires, and then plugging the board back into the connector.

• Thanks 1
1 minute ago, wmcneil said:

Just completed the hardware install of Zmatter hardware.  The most difficult part was connecting the antenna wires to the board...

How does China ever put an iPhone together? I managed to attach the antennae wires as instructed without any problem. Just takes a certain dexterity, tweezers, ESD strap and mat and a headband magnifier.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, teuhl said:

Just completed the hardware install of Zmatter hardware.  The most difficult part was connecting the antenna wires to the board due to being a very small connection and my fat fingers.

I have a tool just for attaching those connectors, it's the same used when replacing a laptop WLAN or WWAN card. :)