Lamplinc Flashes on/off

No way for you to reprogram the module.

It does have a programming connector but you need a programmer to do it and the needed programming code was with Smartlabs and I imagine the new owners now. If it was dual band. Then it has two programming connectors. One for the RF controller and one for the main controller.

It is possible the electronics in it has an issue or their was an upgrade to the circuits themselves.

Was it  2456D power line only or the 2457D dual band model?

Edited by Brian H
Add information.

2 hours ago, Kentinada said:

Anyway to update firmware in these lamplinc's? 

Maybe email Insteon Support (support@insteon.com) and see what they can help with. As @Brian H says probably not something a consumer can do, but perhaps it could be sent in for flashing if possible at all. 

Some brand LED bulbs do not play nice with Insteon dimmers. Some users have reported flashing that was corrected with a different brand and model LED bulb.

Firmware probably would not fix the issue. Some models had hardware changes in them like a different coil in the output to try and correct it. In different revisions of a module.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 11:29 AM, Brian H said:

No way for you to reprogram the module.

It does have a programming connector but you need a programmer to do it and the needed programming code was with Smartlabs and I imagine the new owners now. If it was dual band. Then it has two programming connectors. One for the RF controller and one for the main controller.

It is possible the electronics in it has an issue or their was an upgrade to the circuits themselves.

Was it  2456D power line only or the 2457D dual band model?

So sorry I missed this. It is a 2457D dual band device. I did not try a different bulb since the newer device solved the problem but I’ll remember that idea in case I need the older device again. Thanks!