Notification Help?

jdva

I am new to the ISY and have been trying to get to know the unit and what it will do. I have been successful for the most part and generally like the unit. It seems to be capable of doing most of what I need. I have been able to work through most of my problems except one. Getting notifications to work. I have added both an email address for gmail and the Sprint PCS phone number for my "Q". I wrote a simple program to respond to an event and send notification to all. I know it is executing because I can see it trigger and the associated scene turns on but no notification is recieved. How do these notifications work and what can I do?

Also, Could you clarify the requirements for running the beta? I have been starting the console from http://www.universal-devices.com/beta/. Is this all that is required? Are there any firmware updates needed as well?

Thanks.

Thanks for your help! I am now running 2.4.15 and I have cleared my cache so that looks good.

However, now everytime I try to "save" the configuration I get a "Request Failed" and still no notification. The address does seem to persist. I started with 2.4.13 and, interestingly enough, did end up saving some of my addresses (or so it appeared). It just never sent a notification. I removed those prior to upgrading to 2.4.15 to start with a clean slate. Now, if I remove an existing address and save I get "Request Failed" but the address is gone. If I add a new address I get "Request Failed" but the address remains. Notification still not occuring. Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks.

jdva,

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing.

Please try http://www.universal-devices.com/beta ... if this works, then all you have to do is to clear your Java cache.

Please do let us know of the outcome.

Thanks and with kind regards,

Michel

Thanks for your help! I am now running 2.4.15 and I have cleared my cache so that looks good.

However, now everytime I try to "save" the configuration I get a "Request Failed" and still no notification. The address does seem to persist. I started with 2.4.13 and, interestingly enough, did end up saving some of my addresses (or so it appeared). It just never sent a notification. I removed those prior to upgrading to 2.4.15 to start with a clean slate. Now, if I remove an existing address and save I get "Request Failed" but the address is gone. If I add a new address I get "Request Failed" but the address remains. Notification still not occuring. Not sure where to go from here?

Thanks.

jdva,

Please try http://www.universal-devices.com/beta ... if this works, then all you have to do is to clear your Java cache.

Please do let us know of the outcome.

Humm... sorry, but no joy here. I have rebooted the computer, power cycled the plm and the ISY. I usually use IE7 but after the computer rebooted, I brought it up in FireFox 2.0 using the beta link. It seems to persist my settings but not without a "Request Failed" and no notifications.

???

-jd

Archived