I broke the Learn receiver LED

vbPhil
Go to solution Solved by vbPhil,

Well, I just smashed the iTach learning receiver LED while trying to reset iTach. There's only one hole in the back to serve as the reset and receiving IR signals to learn. The reset is not a button but 2 contacts that you short together with a paper clip or similar. If you push too far you hit the IR receiver LED and it is very fragile and will break apart immediately. It's a quite small surface mount device that I discovered afterwards upon taking the iTach apart.

Anyway, I wanted to learn the remote for a string of colored led Christmas lights. Any idea how I might come up with the correct power on and off codes for it from the global Cache Control Center database? The unit is not in the database by its name. Didn't think it would for this obscure Chinese strings of lights. They're called "Bright Zeal" from Amazon. Do these inexpensive remotes use some sort of standard set of codes that I might try?

17 hours ago, vbphil said:

Well, I just smashed the iTach learning receiver LED while trying to reset iTach. There's only one hole in the back to serve as the reset and receiving IR signals to learn. The reset is not a button but 2 contacts that you short together with a paper clip or similar. If you push too far you hit the IR receiver LED and it is very fragile and will break apart immediately. It's a quite small surface mount device that I discovered afterwards upon taking the iTach apart.

Anyway, I wanted to learn the remote for a string of colored led Christmas lights. Any idea how I might come up with the correct power on and off codes for it from the global Cache Control Center database? The unit is not in the database by its name. Didn't think it would for this obscure Chinese strings of lights. They're called "Bright Zeal" from Amazon. Do these inexpensive remotes use some sort of standard set of codes that I might try?

Have you tried reaching out to the mfg. to see if they have a list

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

I ended up getting my iTach serviced by Global Cache. For $70 they do out of warranty service. You send it to them with an RMA number and they repair or replace and ship it back. Went pretty smoothly and now I have my iTach back with the Learning in tack.