eisy ZMatter USB

tazman
Go to solution Solved by lilyoyo1,

On 12/13/2022 at 1:09 PM, asbril said:

@MrBill You are the King of ISY with HA  :-) 

In the sales email of UD announcing the availability of eisy, it mentions that HA can be installed.

I ordered the HA Yellow Box (delivery end of January 2023) but now I wonder whether it would just be simpler to have HA on eisy, and cancel the Yellow Box. What do you think ?

As @Bumbershoot points out it's far easier to have them separate.  The instructions he linked only install HA core as another process.  With HA yellow, or even HA on pi, the OS is customized/optimized for HA, and Supervisor exists to manage the next layer.  You probably don't realize it but supervisor is managing containers under HA OS, thats what makes managing Add-on's and updates stupid simple for the average one day a month system admins like me or you.  Keep em separate. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, MrBill said:

As @Bumbershoot points out it's far easier to have them separate.  The instructions he linked only install HA core as another process.  With HA yellow, or even HA on pi, the OS is customized/optimized for HA, and Supervisor exists to manage the next layer.  You probably don't realize it but supervisor is managing containers under HA OS, thats what makes managing Add-on's and updates stupid simple for the average one day a month system admins like me or you.  Keep em separate. 

As always, thanks for your smart advise 

• Like 1