Upgrade path for Smart Meter Module

andrewm

I've got the 21050 Smart Meter Module installed in my ISY 994 to obtain usage info from my electricity meter. I couldn't find much mention of the equivalent functionality wrt ISY on Polisy. The only smart meter Node Server I saw obtains its data from ISY

I did receive a recent email from UDI regarding the Zmatter module which says "Easy migration from 994 500 series" though I don't see the "500 series" label in the UDI store to determine if this is relevant to me. But that email also implied the Zigbee radio isn't yet activated

So is there an upgrade path for ISY on Polisy that will still allow continued retrieval of data from my smart meter? If so where do I find the information on doing that? If not is there another approach that people are using?

Thanks

- Andrew

On 12/16/2022 at 2:50 PM, andrewm said:

I did receive a recent email from UDI regarding the Zmatter module which says "Easy migration from 994 500 series" though I don't see the "500 series" label in the UDI store to determine if this is relevant to me. But that email also implied the Zigbee radio isn't yet activated

The email information you reference is with regard to z-wave migration from 500 series z-wave to ZMatter board. That's still in development/review.

I'm not sure about an upgrade path for smart meter and might be something you have to contact UDI directly. Probably best to go through sales for this, or you can open a support ticket.

sales@universal-devices.com

Support Ticket process -> https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets/

• Like 1
On 12/18/2022 at 2:20 PM, Geddy said:

Probably best to go through sales for this, or you can open a support ticket.

Yeah thanks. I thought I'd try here first to avoid burdening Support, but I've now gone ahead and contacted them as you suggested.

For those interested in this area, Michel kindly responded that I should use "Emporia Vue, for which there's a node server"

The product guide for Emporia is on their website here. I suspect that the node server will have to go out to Emporia to get its data rather than communicate directly with the meter as at present. My preference would always be to do as much locally as possible, rather than be dependent on external services, but it's not a deal breaker.

• Like 2

There is also the Eagle-200 (Rainforest Gateway) device that can connect to smart meters and there is a node server for it as well.  If I recall correctly, this pulls data from the device locally instead of from the cloud.