Portal account for other user for use with UD Mobile?

brians

I want to setup my another user on UD Mobile.

I want to create separate portal account - I figured that part out  I think.

However, it seems to link directly with my IoX. I want the person to have a more restrictive account on portal and IoX. How do I go about setting this up? Is this even possible to do? Connecting via portal in UD Mobile doesn't seem to access via admin account I setup - what does the portal account actually use locally on ISY/IoX?

19 hours ago, brians said:

I want to setup my another user on UD Mobile.

I want to create separate portal account - I figured that part out  I think.

However, it seems to link directly with my IoX. I want the person to have a more restrictive account on portal and IoX. How do I go about setting this up? Is this even possible to do? Connecting via portal in UD Mobile doesn't seem to access via admin account I setup - what does the portal account actually use locally on ISY/IoX?

I want the person to have a more restrictive account on portal and IoX. How do I go about setting this up? Is this even possible to do? 

Currently the only restrictions from inside the app is to disable edits.  This requires access to the users device. We may be able to do this automatically for Portal sub-accounts in the future but I don't have a timeframe.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Edit_Locks

Connecting via portal in UD Mobile doesn't seem to access via admin account I setup - what does the portal account actually use locally on ISY/IoX?

I'm not sure I understand this question/comment.  If UD Mobile is setup to only use the local connection then it never contacts portal for the system.   If UD Mobile has both Local and Portal connections configured, then UD Mobile routes to portal when not on a local connection.  When UD Mobile only has Portal configured (no local) then all requests are routed through Portal.

10 minutes ago, Javi said:

Currently the only restrictions from inside the app is to disable edits.  This requires access to the users device. We may be able to do this automatically for Portal sub-accounts in the future but I don't have a timeframe.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#Edit_Locks

I'm not sure I understand this question/comment.  If UD Mobile is setup to only use the local connection then it never contacts portal for the system.   If UD Mobile has both Local and Portal connections configured, then UD Mobile routes to portal when not on a local connection.  When UD Mobile only has Portal configured (no local) then all requests are routed through Portal.

What I am asking is I wish to make a separate account in IoX other than the admin/default account. But when I connect via the portal is there a way to specify a specific user on IoX? Connecting local I specify a user, but via the portal I guess it doesn't really use a local account setup on IoX and uses the portal accounts as the account, is that correct? I would not want someone with a portal account to login the portal and mess with stuff they shouldn't be (not likely in this case, but just wondering how it all works). Would a non-admin user on portal still be able to login via UDMobile?