I think my 994ZW+ is dying?

Ristin
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

A few months ago the power light started to flicker and go dim. It got progressively worse until now the LED is dim all the time. A quick google indicated the power supply was the likely culprit. Changed the power supply but the LED was still dim. The Rx, TX and Memory LEDS are still retina searing bright so maybe the power LED is going bad? Since everything else was functioning properly I didn't worry about it. Jump ahead a month and I start noticing that every time a door sensor is triggered the ceiling fan lights would briefly flicker. Happens on both fanlinc controlled ceiling fans. Jump ahead again and I noticed one obscure program wasn't working. I don't know how long the program hasn't been working.

I logged into the ISY yesterday to investigate and got the following errors:

2125034536_ScreenHunter_20Dec_3105_55.jpg.5d65f93bc52ce041864998fa821c51cb.jpg

On top of this error, nine more dialogs pop up but they are all blank. Clicking each one closed, this dialog popped up:

523362521_ScreenHunter_21Dec_3105_55.jpg.a47724dd6d694e45bdc0f6c2b3312590.jpg

However nothing loads, its just stuck until I click the close X. I do have internet connectivity and the portal indicates it can communicate with the ISY. Agave can communicate locally and remotely.

1658072889_ScreenHunter_22Dec_3105_55.jpg.31c304f51dd5a1c4ceaa6e2c6977f9dd.jpg

Clicking Yes shuts down the console, clicking No leaves the console open

With the console open, each time I click a tab I get the Java error pictured above, but after closing the error dialog I can make changes.

The console isn't displaying any device states but I can control the devices via console.

544750777_ScreenHunter_23Dec_3105_56.thumb.jpg.a0d7a75b267875b209cd565df1774791.jpg

While clicking through menus I also noticed this:

198041454_ScreenHunter_22Dec_3105_56.jpg.67b2158193d08cbbad38447c5890ef6f.jpg

I do have the Z-Wave dongle installed. I don't have any Z-wave devices but normally there would be a menu here for configuring Z-wave.

and finally after a reboot right before staring this post I received all the above errors and these as well:

2058093366_ScreenHunter_23Dec_3108_24.thumb.jpg.ae4edd8a6e0bcdf4b570c92dd3824e08.jpg

I tried deleting the Java cache as listed in another post but that didn't change anything.

I had planned on upgrading to a Polisy in the near future only to learn Polisy is no more and now its Eisy. I'm happy to upgrade to Eisy but I've been spending money like a drunken sailor the last two months and need to build up the frivolous expenditures account before buying Eisy,  so the ISY needs to last another month or so.  I guess I need to figure out if this is a hardware or software issue so it doesn't follow me to the Eisy.

So the TL;DR of this long post is:

Is my hardware failing or do I have a software issue?

Thanks

• Solution
37 minutes ago, Ristin said:

Dang it! Just realized I posted in the wrong forum sub-topic.

That's okay. Moved it to the proper place.

First and foremost - make sure your User Interface (UI) and Firmware match when you do log into Admin Console. That can bungle up some GUI issues.  UI/FW must match exactly (including date/time code). 

40 minutes ago, Ristin said:

Changed the power supply but the LED was still dim. The Rx, TX and Memory LEDS are still retina searing bright so maybe the power LED is going bad?

Did you get a power supply that was proper voltage output? from the wiki:

"You can try any power supply that outputs anywhere between 5 volt and 30 volts,center positive, 2mm barrel connector"

(But I'm sure you checked that from your previous thread)

What you're experiencing now seems to indicate some issues with antivirus software. Are you running any 3rd party anti-virus or firewall programs? You need to turn those off, clear java cache (be sure to select all three boxes in this process), then run fresh download/install of IoX Launcher (previously ISY Launcher, aka start.jnlp) that you download directly from UD site or UD Wiki. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Installing_the_Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop

Java Cache options:
image.png

4 hours ago, Geddy said:

That's okay. Moved it to the proper place.

Thanks

First and foremost - make sure your User Interface (UI) and Firmware match when you do log into Admin Console. That can bungle up some GUI issues.  UI/FW must match exactly (including date/time code). 

1342170947_ScreenHunter_23Jan_0120_42.jpg.1649403718a10cbcc135366a34c8cb99.jpg

All good here

Did you get a power supply that was proper voltage output? from the wiki:

"You can try any power supply that outputs anywhere between 5 volt and 30 volts,center positive, 2mm barrel connector"

(But I'm sure you checked that from your previous thread)

Yup, 12v 2amp center positive

What you're experiencing now seems to indicate some issues with antivirus software. Are you running any 3rd party anti-virus or firewall programs? You need to turn those off, clear java cache (be sure to select all three boxes in this process), then run fresh download/install of IoX Launcher (previously ISY Launcher, aka start.jnlp) that you download directly from UD site or UD Wiki. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#Installing_the_Admin_Console_Icon_on_Your_Desktop

Java Cache options:
image.png

I was still running the admin.jnlp file. Cleared Java, installed start.jnlp.

The real culprit was Kaspersky Anti-Virus, although the ISY & Kaspersky have co-existed peacefully for years. I went through each anti virus setting until I determined the Web Anti-Virus component was the problem. Once I disabled that feature the UD Launcher is back to normal. 

THANK YOU!!!!!!

• Thanks 1