Support thread for: PG3x 3.1.21 (January 23, 2023)

19 minutes ago, ISY4Me said:

Thank you @bpwwer... IoX was restored and I started to look at PG3x restore process.  Access to PG3x is not a problem, but it will not contact the server (I assume because I have not activated a Portal access yet). 

Does the ISY have to be added to configuration for the PG3 restore to work properly?  I can't manually add the ISY (it fails with localhost or IP with Port 8080)... and it is not automatically detected... is this related to not yet having the Portal access active?

Do these both have to be resolved before I start the PG3 restore process?

Have you tried logging out of PG3x then logging back in? That will renew the connection to the eisy and the portal which does not have to be a paid subscription for PG3 to work.

2 hours ago, garybixler said:

Got the log for WeatherBit and iTech. Takes a long time for the first log to load.

Node servers.txt 13.06 kB · 0 downloads

The WeatherBit servers aren't sending any data when the node server requests it.  Possibly you exceeded your daily limit for requests.

iTach is failing to create a secure connection to PG3x. 

If the system is having issues responding to interactive actions (like log/elk actions, etc) it may mean that there is something going on the OS level that is impacting the node servers.

• Thanks 1
23 minutes ago, tazman said:

Have you tried logging out of PG3x then logging back in? That will renew the connection to the eisy and the portal which does not have to be a paid subscription for PG3 to work.

Yes, I have both logged out and restarted PG3x on the EISY a few times.   The EISY has been power cycled a few times. 

I have noticed a comment in The Portal… “Access Denied.  Pending approval by owner”.   I have not requested the Portal License be transferred yet nor have I requested a trial for the EISY.  I was waiting to see how the Polisy -> EISY migration goes. 

42 minutes ago, ISY4Me said:

Thank you @bpwwer... IoX was restored and I started to look at PG3x restore process.  Access to PG3x is not a problem, but it will not contact the server (I assume because I have not activated a Portal access yet). 

Does the ISY have to be added to configuration for the PG3 restore to work properly?  I can't manually add the ISY (it fails with localhost or IP with Port 8080)... and it is not automatically detected... is this related to not yet having the Portal access active?

Do these both have to be resolved before I start the PG3 restore process?

Portal access is unlikely to be the cause of your issues.  You'll need Portal access to purchase node servers or verify node server licenses, but you're not to that point yet.

PG3x has two components, the UI running on the browser and the server running on eisy. The can't connect to server is the UI saying it can't connect to the PG3x server.  You can't do anything if it's not connected.   So yes, that needs to be resolved before you can restore.

In general, with PG3x, you don't need to configure the IoX/ISY unless you want to manage node servers on something other than the local eisy.  Once the PG3x server side starts, it will pre-populate the IoX config with the local IoX.

It appears the PG3x server side is not running, the question is why?  PG3x has a dependency on UDX and the local IoX, if one of those aren't running, then PG3x won't be able to start.  

At this point, it is probably best to reboot the eisy and see if that clears it all up.  If it doesn't, then we need to use OS level tools to look at what is happening when PG3x tries to start.  If you are comfortable with ssh'ing into the eisy you cat do something like sudo tail -f /var/log/messages which will show the system log messages.  PG3x startup messages will be there and it should be repeating the same set of messages every minute or so. If PG3x is crashing, it will show the crash, if the local IoX isn't started, it will show that in the log before aborting.  CTRL-C will stop the log display.

If you're not comfortable with that, submit a ticket and support will probably have to remote into the eisy to determine what's going on.

1 hour ago, bpwwer said:

Portal access is unlikely to be the cause of your issues.  You'll need Portal access to purchase node servers or verify node server licenses, but you're not to that point yet.

PG3x has two components, the UI running on the browser and the server running on eisy. The can't connect to server is the UI saying it can't connect to the PG3x server.  You can't do anything if it's not connected.   So yes, that needs to be resolved before you can restore.

In general, with PG3x, you don't need to configure the IoX/ISY unless you want to manage node servers on something other than the local eisy.  Once the PG3x server side starts, it will pre-populate the IoX config with the local IoX.

It appears the PG3x server side is not running, the question is why?  PG3x has a dependency on UDX and the local IoX, if one of those aren't running, then PG3x won't be able to start.  

At this point, it is probably best to reboot the eisy and see if that clears it all up.  If it doesn't, then we need to use OS level tools to look at what is happening when PG3x tries to start.  If you are comfortable with ssh'ing into the eisy you cat do something like sudo tail -f /var/log/messages which will show the system log messages.  PG3x startup messages will be there and it should be repeating the same set of messages every minute or so. If PG3x is crashing, it will show the crash, if the local IoX isn't started, it will show that in the log before aborting.  CTRL-C will stop the log display.

If you're not comfortable with that, submit a ticket and support will probably have to remote into the eisy to determine what's going on.

@bpwwer I have looked at the /var/log/messages and attached the output starting with the last PG3 3.1.16 run.  On 3.1.16 I did not look to see if the ISY was loaded, but the log file is different than the subsequent starts of PG3x 3.1.17 where it is complaining that IoX Service is not loaded and it fails to get the platform UUID.  Output of "pkg info PG3x" is also attached.

This EISY has seen very little activity... I received the EISY, Updated to 5.5.2, Restored Polisy ISY backup and did z-wave migrate, but this issue with PG3x was discovered after the restore of the Polisy ISY file.  During this issue I have rebooted and restarted a number of times and it had no impact.

PG3x Log File Output messages.txt PG3x Package Info.txt

Edited by ISY4Me

Thiis is weird......  Earlier today I deleted my eisy's ISY from the Polisy's PG3 (as an additional ISY) and opened a separate PG3 URL for the eisy. That was successful.

Just now that eisy PG3 shows no ISY and when I try to add the eisy's ISY, it does not let me.

The Node Server that I had added earlier today to the eisy PG3 DOES show up successfully in the eisy's Administrative Console. Furthermore when I succesfully added the eisy's ISY (temporarily) to the Polisy's PG3.

I am not aware having changed any settings on either the PG3 or the eisy itself. I power cycled the eisy, rebooted, restarted.... but none of this made a difference.

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

pg3_1-4-2023_114621-PM.zip

Edited by asbril
1 hour ago, asbril said:

Thiis is weird......  Earlier today I deleted my eisy's ISY from the Polisy's PG3 (as an additional ISY) and opened a separate PG3 URL for the eisy. That was successful.

Just now that eisy PG3 shows no ISY and when I try to add the eisy's ISY, it does not let me.

The Node Server that I had added earlier today to the eisy PG3 DOES show up successfully in the eisy's Administrative Console. Furthermore when I succesfully added the eisy's ISY (temporarily) to the Polisy's PG3.

I am not aware having changed any settings on either the PG3 or the eisy itself. I power cycled the eisy, rebooted, restarted.... but none of this made a difference.

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

pg3_1-4-2023_114621-PM.zip 59.08 kB · 0 downloads

@asbrilTry closing the browser tab and then use the iox launcher to open a new pg3 tab in your browser. This has worked for me.

8 hours ago, asbril said:

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1140.jpg

pg3_1-4-2023_114621-PM.zip 59.08 kB · 1 download

As shown in my post in this discussion. 

I am dealing with a very similar problem with the ISY not auto loading in PG3x or not allowing me to manually load it. 

In looking at my /var/log/messages I see that the system is complaining that IoX Service is not started.   

I had not checked this before upgrading to PG3x 3.1.17, but the log file indicates IoX Service was running under 3.1.16.  

If you see the same thing it would be good to comment so @bpwwercan look into it deeper.  

Just now, ISY4Me said:

As shown in my post in this discussion. 

I am dealing with a very similar problem with the ISY not auto loading in PG3x or not allowing me to manually load it. 

In looking at my /var/log/messages I see that the system is complaining that IoX Service is not started.   

I had not checked this before upgrading to PG3x 3.1.17, but the log file indicates IoX Service was running under 3.1.16.  

If you see the same thing it would be good to comment so @bpwwercan look into it deeper.  

Thanks. It is really weird.  I just went to another of my computers and initially I was able to get in but I noticed that the one Node Server that I have on my (for the time being) test eisy remained shown as disconnected. After I clicked on restart PG3 in System, now also on this computer I can not even get in the eisy PG3 on its own URL. As mentioned before, I can get in the eisy PG3 when I add it to the Polisy URL which is 3.1.16 version. However there that Node Server shows as unmanaged.

As you suggest I will PM to @bpwwer.

@bpwwerAfter continuing to examine the EISY, there were issues with how the system was preforming after the restore of Polisy backup and z-wave migration in addition to the issue with ISY not autoloading into PG3x.  In an effort to assure the initial setup was not at fault, I decided to reset ZMatter and factory reset the EISY.

I was expecting to see the factory reset return the state of the box to where it was when shipped, but based on the "pkg info isy" results it returned the state to what existed after the last Update as the PG3x and the ISY was still at the updated 5.5.2_1 version and PG3X was still 3.1.17_1 version and not the 3.1.16 that was present when shipped.

Anyway, starting fresh after factory reset, I am still seeing the same issues with PG3x and the IoX Service not starting and therefore not loading into the PG3x configuration nor allowing me to manually add the ISY.

Attached is the log file after the restart... I hope this helps shed some light on the issue.

pg3_1-5-2023_95139-AM.zip

4 hours ago, asbril said:

Thanks. It is really weird.  I just went to another of my computers and initially I was able to get in but I noticed that the one Node Server that I have on my (for the time being) test eisy remained shown as disconnected. After I clicked on restart PG3 in System, now also on this computer I can not even get in the eisy PG3 on its own URL. As mentioned before, I can get in the eisy PG3 when I add it to the Polisy URL which is 3.1.16 version. However there that Node Server shows as unmanaged.

As you suggest I will PM to @bpwwer.

@bpwwer

I believe that I found the cause. It appears that I needed to re-approve the eisy in my Portal account. I realized this when I saw that eisy appeared greyed out in the Portal account. I deleted and re-added eisy in Portal and  (re-) approved in the Portal tab in the AC.

I am sure that I had not changed any settings so not sure what happened.

5 hours ago, asbril said:

I believe that I found the cause. It appears that I needed to re-approve the eisy in my Portal account.

I had a similar issue, and approving the eisy in my Portal account helped put things on the right track.  I also made sure to log out and log back in to PG3x.  Not sure if that helped, but it certainly didn't hurt any in my situation. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

I had a similar issue, and approving the eisy in my Portal account helped put things on the right track.  I also made sure to log out and log back in to PG3x.  Not sure if that helped, but it certainly didn't hurt any in my situation. 

It is all working again but I have no idea why the eisy was disconnected from ISY Portal.

2 minutes ago, dwengrovitz said:

@asbriland @dwengrovitzCan you please clarify what you mean by the "approve" action.   I also have the "IoX not found" in PG3x and it also can not be manually added... are you saying that approving a pending action in the portal will remove this problem?

When I look at the Portal my UUID for the EISY is not grayed out, but the status light is yellow with the comment "Pending approval by owner?.  When I look at the AC - Configuration - Portal.  It says the Portal is Online and Registered.  In the same page where it says Requested Services it says Pending with Approve or More Info options.

So, you are saying that this Approval has to be done?  What am I approving?  I don't want to move my license yet and I was hoping to delay activating a Trial until things started to look clean.

Thanks in advance.

5 minutes ago, ISY4Me said:

@asbriland @dwengrovitzCan you please clarify what you mean by the "approve" action.   I also have the "IoX not found" in PG3x and it also can not be manually added... are you saying that approving a pending action in the portal will remove this problem?

When I look at the Portal my UUID for the EISY is not grayed out, but the status light is yellow with the comment "Pending approval by owner?.  When I look at the AC - Configuration - Portal.  It says the Portal is Online and Registered.  In the same page where it says Requested Services it says Pending with Approve or More Info options.

So, you are saying that this Approval has to be done?  What am I approving?  I don't want to move my license yet and I was hoping to delay activating a Trial until things started to look clean.

Thanks in advance.

When a ISY is added to your ISY Portal, a message comes up telling you to 'approve' the connection in the Administrative Console - Confirguration - Portal Tab.

1 minute ago, asbril said:

When a ISY is added to your ISY Portal, a message comes up telling you to 'approve' the connection in the Administrative Console - Confirguration - Portal Tab.

I never added it the EISY... it was just there when I went to the Portal to see what was going on.  

Is it safe to assume that I am only approving only the device addition and that this has nothing to do with license migration or trial?

@asbriland @dwengrovitzYes I did.  I even removed the Portal UUID item that was there for the EISY, logged out and went back into the Portal and added it just as you showed.  Even then the approval in AC -> Configuration -> Portal still failed.

I am not sure what else to try... I have an active ticket on this issue and it has been updated with this issue.

Edited by ISY4Me

This is a minor and mostly cosmetic issue, and I don't think it's new to PG3x 3.1.18, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.  When restarting a node server from the PG3x dashboard, the node server status changes from "Connected" to "Disconnected" and back to "Connected" as expected.  But the Uptime counter just continues to tick the time away as though nothing happened.  It's not until one refreshes the browser screen that the Uptime counter resets to the time that's passed since the node server was restarted.  Seems like that counter should reset without having to refresh the screen, but it doesn't (at least not for me).  BTW, I'm accessing PG3x via Chrome on MacOS.

6 minutes ago, ISY4Me said:

@asbriland @dwengrovitzYes I did.  I even removed the Portal UUID item that was there for the EISY, logged out and went back into the Portal and added it just as you showed.  Even then the approval in AC -> Configuration -> Portal still failed.

I am not sure what else to try... I have an active ticket on this issue and it has been updated with this issue.

I have no other suggestion than what you, to open a ticket. I believe that the guys at UD are very busy this week with the migration etc, so you may have to be a bit patient.