ISY994i Network Resources

mmb
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

Hi all, my 90 yr old father has an ISY that I use automate certain tasks to make his life simpler and more enjoyable.

His ISY config is pretty basic involving insteon switches for lights, a battery remote, and a few scenes and programs for lighting schedules. 

I use network resources for a local server which is used to collect weather data to automate/control some environmentals using iolincs.

Everything is working perfectly.

The question is can I upgrade his ISY to v5.3.4 from v4 without any impact to his configuration - especially network resources?

Thanks!

• Solution

The biggest caveat when upgrading from v4 to V5 is whether the programs use "Adjust Scene".  If those programs will require manual intervention.

Network resources should be fine after upgrade.   If not you can go back to 4.9 while you figure out what needs to happen, just make certain you have a good backup.   (to go backward "manually Upgrade" again but load the 4.9 firmware file, you likely won't need to restore the 4.9 backup afterwards.)

If any programs are intentionally disabled make not of those, as they will need to be re-disabled after the upgrade.

If he has 300 series z-wave (Z-wave version 4.81.00) then 5.0.16C is the last version that supports, 300 series.

An un-written step that's helpful is to go to the programs tab, click on "My Programs" or whatever the top level folder is named and then right click and "Copy Folder to clipboard", then paste in Windows Notepad (or any simple editor) that won't try to add formatting, and Save As.....  This gives you a reference copy of your programs should one need fixing later.

After upgrade do two things immediately, Open the admin console, then:

1. Check Help > About to make sure UI and Firmware version match. If they don't solve that before doing anything else.  This must be correct before #2... or #2 will give invalid results.
  2. Navigate to the programs tab > Summary sub-tab and look for the color YELLOW.  If you find any that program needs manual intervention and most likely has "Adjust Scene".

Then disable any programs intentionally disabled and you should be done.

Good luck, let us know if you have an issue.