Can't add Z-Wave devices

Steve L

I decided to start from fresh as my migration from an ISY994i to Eisy wasn't working (Z-Wave migration never finished). So I reset the "beta" dongle and the Eisy. Taking a Z-wave device that I also reset, I tried to add it. In AP, clicking "Add Z-Wave Device" did nothing. Same in UD Mobile. If in UD Mobile I try adding by QR code, it scans the code, buzzes the phone, and does nothing else. 

Unfortunately, it seems that the backup of the 994 I did is corrupted, as restoring that to the 994 yields multiple errors about CFG files. This is all VERY frustrating!

If I can make some progress with the Eisy, fine, but right now it seems to just sit there.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Steve L said:

I decided to start from fresh as my migration from an ISY994i to Eisy wasn't working (Z-Wave migration never finished). So I reset the "beta" dongle and the Eisy. Taking a Z-wave device that I also reset, I tried to add it. In AP, clicking "Add Z-Wave Device" did nothing. Same in UD Mobile. If in UD Mobile I try adding by QR code, it scans the code, buzzes the phone, and does nothing else. 

Unfortunately, it seems that the backup of the 994 I did is corrupted, as restoring that to the 994 yields multiple errors about CFG files. This is all VERY frustrating!

If I can make some progress with the Eisy, fine, but right now it seems to just sit there.

Did you try to exclude the Z-Wave devices before you add it?

20 hours ago, tazman said:

Did you try to exclude the Z-Wave devices before you add it?

Yes - I even did a full reset on the Eisy and tried to start from scratch without migrating. Again, clicking on Add Z-Wave device had no effect (normally I would see a popup saying it was listening.)

I've managed to rebuild the ISY.

2 hours ago, Steve L said:

Given the issues with 5.5.3 and devices I have (Zooz ZEN17 and ZSE42), I think I will wait some more.

Feels weird to have paid $130+ for a "beta" device.

While it's certainly annoying, you technically paid for production device (with Beta software/firmware) 😀

At least I think they were upfront about it. Give it time, it will settle down eventually. For my limited set of devices, it works better than 500 (except annoying Schlage locks issue).

It seems I may have the same problem?  I had an ISY994 with the Z-Wave board and it recognized my devices just fine (GE Enbrighten switches, GE outdoor light switch), but now I get nothing on my eisy.  

Everything is updated to 5.5.3, the Z-Matter dongle appears to be functioning.  Although perhaps it is not?  It responds to the Z-Wave X-Ray "DHController" with a bunch of information and the "All Scene Links" seems to show some hardware references, but nothing shows up anywhere on the Admin Console.

I noticed that none of my previous Z-Wave devices were migrated after following instructions.

2 hours ago, x046866x said:

It seems I may have the same problem?  I had an ISY994 with the Z-Wave board and it recognized my devices just fine (GE Enbrighten switches, GE outdoor light switch), but now I get nothing on my eisy.  

Everything is updated to 5.5.3, the Z-Matter dongle appears to be functioning.  Although perhaps it is not?  It responds to the Z-Wave X-Ray "DHController" with a bunch of information and the "All Scene Links" seems to show some hardware references, but nothing shows up anywhere on the Admin Console.

I noticed that none of my previous Z-Wave devices were migrated after following instructions.

You will need to do a sync, replace with interview on those nodes.

they will then show up (out of whatever folder they were in) as ZY devices.  I have had good luck with the GE stuff doing that.  after that you will need to goto any programs and scenes which they were in and touch them up.

The nodes are completely gone from my configuration.  This implies that I didn't follow the instructions to the letter....but I don't have so many that it would be impossible to set up again (I think 3 right now).

I did try this:

image.png.9173e1067a264abecbb0d66418084607.png

but nothing ever happened.

I reset one of the devices (the GE outdoor switch) and am trying to set it up as new, but when I go to add a new device I get this screen:

image.png.af6e382132e7a3d5e0acb2f1a9e76865.png

and regardless of how I press the button on the Z-Wave device it does not seem to acknowledge the device.  The new Z-Matter dongle is in the same location as my ISY994 was and that is only about 20 feet from the switch(e) I'm trying to dd.

FYI: 

I do see the following XML in the "Z-Wave X-Ray"->"All Scene Links", which could be my old devices?  (they were all switches).

<groups>
    <group id="ADR0001">
        <ctl id="ADR0001">
            <rsp/>
        </ctl>
    </group>
    <group id="54661">
        <ctl id="54661">
            <rsp>
                <link type="native" node="4D FF 6 1" linkdef="I_RELAY">
                    <p id="OL">
                        <val prec="0" uom="51">100</val>
                    </p>
                </link>
                <link type="native" node="14 4D 16 1" linkdef="I_RELAY">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                </link>
                <link type="native" node="31 9F 4D 1" linkdef="I_RELAY">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                </link>
                <link type="native" node="47 8D EA 1" linkdef="I_RELAY">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                </link>
                <link type="native" node="49 8 BF 1" linkdef="I_RELAY">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                </link>
            </rsp>
        </ctl>
    </group>
    <group id="879">
        <ctl id="879">
            <rsp>
                <link type="native" node="39 50 B1 1" linkdef="I_DIMMER">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                    <p id="RR">
                        <val prec="0" uom="25">28</val>
                    </p>
                </link>
                <link type="native" node="2F FC 93 1" linkdef="I_DIMMER">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                    <p id="RR">
                        <val prec="0" uom="25">28</val>
                    </p>
                </link>
            </rsp>
        </ctl>
    </group>
    <group id="28998">
        <ctl id="28998">
            <rsp>
                <link type="native" node="4C D3 55 2" linkdef="I_RELAY">
                    <p id="OL">
                    </p>
                </link>
            </rsp>
        </ctl>
    </group>
</groups>

UPDATE: Minutes after I hit <SUBMIT> I tried the outdoor switch again and it was recognized by the eisy.  When I went back to the Admin Console, however, it was not there.  I then tried the Synchronize

image.png.9044ee3c25f637b0e207a7dd7630ff18.png

and it seemed to be thinking as it queried "Device 2" and said "Timeout in 336", but that dialog went away in about 20 seconds.  Still no love on the device in the console though. 

I do see this now on the X-Ray DH All Devices:
Devices list: 
  1 Interview Not done
  2 Interview Not done

I am not getting any activity on the "Interview"....is that just between the devices?

FURTHER UPDATE: I performed the (virtual) "three-finger-salute" (Windows CTRL-ALT-DEL) and when it came back up the Interview was successful.  I'm not sure if this was leftover cobwebs or kinks still being ironed out or the ever present problem somewhere between the chair and the keyboard....the first device was finally added.

I'm now adding the second.  It look a NUMBER of clicks on the device to get recognized but it was finally recognized and an "interview" attempt was made but was not successful.  I did a reboot and when it came back up did a Synchronize and it interviewed successfully.

It appears I'm in.  Sorry for the verbose thread....but hopefully my experience might be helpful to others.  Some takeaways:

- Toggle the device you are adding MANY times in order to ensure recognition.
- Re-boot before trying the Synchronize.