How to migrate to ZMatter Z-Wave using an ISY-994 Backup

Chris Jahn

It also appears that, after migration to IoP, I cannot get any of my battery-operated zwave devices to respond to an interview.  As an experiment, I successfully excluded one of the battery zwave devices (a door sensor, in this case) and added it back in.  It was missing a node or two, and no longer had an On/Off status available on any of the nodes.  Not much good.  

For now, I guess I will wait to see if anything happens over time.  Perhaps there is an update that may address this some day.  

• 2 months later...

I followed the upgrade process to upgrade from ISY994 with ZWave to Polisy with ZMatter, and while ISY and powered Zwave devices seemed to migrate just fine, any zwave battery device did not, including locks, motion, etc...  I tried waking them up, enabling them in admin console and running ZWave --> Syncronize --> Update with interview however nothing happens.  Is there a process I am missing to get my battery zwave devices back online?

Battery operated devices go to sleep in order to preserve battery life.  Did you wake them up by pressing the button on the device before you ran the interview process?

You need to start with the Zwave device closest to the Polisy and work out from there.

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Battery operated devices go to sleep in order to preserve battery life.  Did you wake them up by pressing the button on the device before you ran the interview process?

You need to start with the Zwave device closest to the Polisy and work out from there.

I did wake them up before selecting interview as well as during the interview running but no change in behavior.  ISY doesn't seem to be recognizing any of my battery ZWave devices.  My non-battery zwave devices are all behaving as expected.