ISY994 trade in

KEnders

Not sure if this belongs in the forum but...  What are your feelings on the trade-in to an eisy? Seems like a no brainer except the way it's being offered. "Send us your device and if it doesn't work (our call) it will be tossed." or "If you send two, we'll toss the higher value device." Seems a bit harsh let alone not having your ISY994 while this trade-in happens. Using a credit card to secure the transaction could be a option, so the eisy could be shipped.

I chose and spent significant dollars on my ISY994 because I wanted something that works, and continues to work. I'm hoping for the Insteon "bubble" to fix itself, and have adapted. I don't want to miss a great offer on something that has served me well and I have no reason to think newer UD devices aren't the same.

Just curious if I'm missing something?

Thanks!

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, KEnders said:

Not sure if this belongs in the forum but...  What are your feelings on the trade-in to an eisy? Seems like a no brainer except the way it's being offered. "Send us your device and if it doesn't work (our call) it will be tossed." or "If you send two, we'll toss the higher value device." Seems a bit harsh let alone not having your ISY994 while this trade-in happens. Using a credit card to secure the transaction could be a option, so the eisy could be shipped.

I chose and spent significant dollars on my ISY994 because I wanted something that works, and continues to work. I'm hoping for the Insteon "bubble" to fix itself, and have adapted. I don't want to miss a great offer on something that has served me well and I have no reason to think newer UD devices aren't the same.

Just curious if I'm missing something?

Thanks!

Personally, I trust UDI so I dont have an issue with it.  If you dont then you should just purchase your eisy outright and sell your ISY on ebay or something. If you know your ISY or polisy is in great condition, most likely its a moot point. 

I have found that UDI goes above and beyond what many companies do. Their level of support is fantastic. Their comment on sending two isn’t really harsh, they are saying one trade in per purchase, send in your most recent isy! (They spell that out clearly) 😊 Also, many companies don’t even offer a trade in unless your purchase of the original item was very recent (the best I have seen is less than a year, and some limit trade ins to only 2-3 months)! UDI’s offer of trading in a device purchased in 2019 or later seems very generous!