Unable to Approve ISY Portal after migrating 994->EISY

AllDigital
Go to solution Solved by AllDigital,

I've completed all the firmware upgrades and migration of my 994i to my new EISY. I've got Insteon working well and I just went to set up connectivity to the ISY Portal, so I can purchase nodes, but it won't let me approve from the admin console.

After I restored my 994i backup the portal tab said "Online" and "Registered" under Portal Integration, but I had not yet added my EISY to my ISY Portal. I then added my UUID to the Portal and it shows yellow with "Pending approval by the owner". When I go back to the EISY admin console under portals, It now shows the same "online" and "registered" but two more sections have been added (Active Services and Requested Services). Under Requested services I see my user id and the +Approve button. Under "More Info" I see all the correct account info.

When I click the +Approve button I get a pop error "Bad Request". In the event viewer I get the following:

[timestamp]: Portal-SEC: Connecting to my.isy.io
[timestamp]: Portal-SECR: Connecting to my.isy.io
[timestamp]: Portal-SECA: Connecting to my.isy.io

When I check the ISY Portal it still is not approved. I have tried power cycling the EISY twice and logging out of the ISY console, but the "Bad Request" error repeats each time I try and approve.

Please advise.

One additional data point... I am able to make new Node Server purchases and install them from PG3 which connects into the ISY Portal, even though the UUID is still pending approval. Without the ability to approve the EISY in ISY Portal I am unable to transfer my license from the old 994i to the new EISY. 

• Solution

I resolved this issue. For future travelers, when adding your new EISY you need to sign it up for a free license before you can approve it and then you can migrate the old to the new. The UI does not indicate that anywhere nor do the instructions, so that would be a good update in the wiki.  

• Thanks 1
23 hours ago, AllDigital said:

The UI does not indicate that anywhere nor do the instructions, so that would be a good update in the wiki.  

So you must have missed the steps in setting up the eisy with UD Mobile that setup a trial with UD Portal. I think it was in all the release and setup information that was initially released. It was certainly in the videos that were made available to help with the onboarding process originally.

And it’s in the wiki, but does appear there is a dead link to the actual migration part….but it should be the same/similar to the ISY994 to Polisy process….

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Setup_ISY_Portal_for_Remote_Access/Alexa/GoogleHome/IFTTT

Polisy migration link info: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Migrating_from_994_to_Polisy

And in case you missed it….here is the wiki for using UD Mobile to setup the eisy. In the linked video it mentions the portal trial about 55 seconds in…

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#eisy_WiFi_Configuration

Nope. I didn't miss a step. I followed the script for Migrating from 994 to Eisy in the Eisy User Guide. The Eisy user guide does reference UD Mobile in the ISY Portal section, but it directs you to the Migrating Script if you are migrating from a 994i.  In step #10 of the Migration instructions it directs users to the "ISY Portal Migrate configurations to a new ISY" page. 

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Migrate_configurations_to_a_new_ISY

This page has a good set of prerequisite, but it is missing any notation that the new EISY needs to be in your account AND have a free license associated with it. At the bottom of this ISY migration page it also erroneously says:

Your ISY Portal Access license can be migrated only if:

• Your existing ISY has an access license and is not expired
  • Your new ISY is not licensed, or has been licensed with a trial only.

From my experience, I was not able to migrate without my new EISY having a free trial. I don't know if this is a bug (inconsistent with the wiki) or the wiki should be updated, but it has the potential to cause confusion for future travelers that are updating to the EISY.

Cheers,

Mike

• Thanks 1