How do I add z-wave to eisy?

PatPend
Go to solution Solved by asbril,

• Solution
5 minutes ago, PatPend said:

Is it necessary to purchase a ZWave module on eisy or is it included?

ZWave is not included. You must use either the Zooz 700 dongle or (preferably)  UD's  ZMatter board in USB enclosure.

51 minutes ago, Steve L said:

The board and enclosure is for Polisy, I think. UD sells a Zmatter USB dongle that plugs into the Eisy.

the enclosure is for eisy... with Polisy it plugs onto the board and the antennas mount the Polisy cabinet. The enclosure is only used externally for eisy.

image.png.93b4081b22d4616c060d49039055d283.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Steve L said:

The board and enclosure is for Polisy, I think. UD sells a Zmatter USB dongle that plugs into the Eisy.

Not exactly......  The difference is that for Polisy you have the choice of adding the board inside or, with enclosure, in USB port. For eisy it is only with enclosure in USB port.

Edited by asbril
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Steve L said:

The "Enclosure" is just for those that are upgrading from Polisy boxes that already had the Z-Wave add-on. The Z-Wave board can be removed from the Polisy and put into the USB Enclosure to be used with eISY.

You need the following if you do not have the Z-Wave Add-On for an existing Polisy.

https://www.universal-devices.com/product/zmatter-usb-z-wave-matter-module-for-polisy-beta-copy/

That comes with everything you need.

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N