How do I replace my ISY/PLM?

mitch236

Hi mitch236,

If you are going to replace both:

1. Backup your old ISY and then unplug both the PLM and ISY

2. Connect the new ISY to the new PLM

3. Log in to the Admin Console on the new ISY

4. Restore your backup from #1 (File | Restore ISY)

5. Let the system reboot

6. Log back in to the Admin Console

7. Click on File | Restore Modem (PLM)

With kind regards,

Michel

If I were to replace my ISY/PLM what steps and in which order would I proceed. I checked the Wiki but couldn't find a clear explanation.

TIA!

Hi mitch236,

To replace the ISY make a backup, install the new ISY and restore from that backup. You may wish to export your programs, just in case. ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:File_Menu#Restore_ISY

To replace the PLM install the new PLM and select Restore PLM. ISY-99i/ISY-26_INSTEON:File_Menu#Replace_Modem_(PLM)

Use Restore ISY then Restore PLM if you replace both.

If I were to replace my ISY/PLM what steps and in which order would I proceed. I checked the Wiki but couldn't find a clear explanation.

TIA!

Just so you know - when you do a restore PLM it will remove the links you currently have to the old PLM in every single device in your installation and replace it with a link to the new PLM - again, in every single device. Just a heads up because all your RF devices will need to be relinked to the PLM as well. If you run pro you can keep those to the end and do them separately otherwise they'll likely time out before the restore gets to them.

Devices that don't write should have the little green 101 left beside them so you know - you can then put them in linking mode and write them too.

If you have a lot of devices it can take quite a while. If you have some weak communication areas it will also take quite a while.

mark

Archived