Error: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading Alexa skill)

johnjces
Go to solution Solved by Javi,

Have an isy994i on the latest 5.3.4 version and have right now all insteon devices with spokens set in the portal and all working well with Alexa.

I just saw that UDMobile (Android) had an update for Alexa stuff so gave it a try and came up with the above error. Couldn't find anything specific on a search so thought I'd ask. 

I realize that UDMobile is designed for the newer hardware and the ISY may not work with everything. Is this one of those things?

Thanks!

John

@Javi

Q: Where is this error encountered? (Both of my profiles)
A: This error is encountered in Admin Dashboard > Alexa > Select Portal > Tucson ....ERROR:
     and, Admin Dashboard > Alexa > Select Portal > Show Low  ...ERROR:

Q: Is the portal account linked to UD Mobile a sub account or main account?
A: The portal accounts are linked, (I am not trying to be belligerent or a 'smarty party' as I don't know, but don't they, portal accounts, have to be linked for UD Mobile to work?), and each is a main account. One is NOT a sub account of the other. So to be clear, each is a fully separate portal account. 

John

Hi @johnjces,

Thanks. I should have worded the questions better, just needed to know if the account was main/sub. I'm still trying to isolate the error location so will need some additional information as I can not replicate with any of my accounts. 

I assume the error shown after selecting the portal account. If this assumption is incorrect please let me know.

When the error is shown is the app still on the Admin screen or on the Alexa Smart Home Skill screen?

23 hours ago, johnjces said:

The screen remains on the Alexa SHS page/screen.

John

Thanks. Sounds like a server side error.  Please send me a Private Message with the data/error returned from a browser request to the following URL https://my.isy.io/api/voice/amazon/link/status . Portal Authorization will be required.

If you would like to open a ticket instead please choose UD Mobile as the ticket category,  reference this topic,  and provide the email address for your portal account.

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets