Yolink Remote

rshilliam
Go to solution Solved by Panda88,

On 2/21/2023 at 4:47 PM, Panda88 said:

Released new version that supports DON/DOF/DFOF/DFON - effectively enabled control in programs.  Allows configuration of each key - Should create 4 sub- nodes 1 for each key pressed.

@Panda88Works perfect!  Thanks!

After restarting the NS, it wasn't making much sense until I remembered I should've restarted the Admin Console as well; before I did the individual buttons were on the list but the configuration parameters hadn't updated - became clear after the AC was refreshed.

Also, it took me a little while to figure out that I needed to focus on scenes rather than programs; the logic for the key programming doesn't really make sense (to me) for a program.  And it also took a minute (longer for me) to figure out to set the defaults for each key press for each keyfob device in the AC and then add the individual key to the scene using those defaults (rather than trying to configure the key in the scene.)  There are probably more ways to get it to work but I settled on configuring the short press for ON and the long press for OFF.  I wasn't able to get the toggle function to work but I'm happy with the way it works this way.  Now I have multiple remotes (including Insteon) controlling a single light and there aren't any conflicts as before with the program method.

Thanks again!

On 2/22/2023 at 8:43 PM, Panda88 said:

in programs you can use control vs status - Control executes when key is pressed - status only executes if status changes 

@Panda88I don't know how to do what you describe in programs; I just created this example to show the options that I see when I use the remote in a program (this isn't a real program):image.thumb.png.590da33f77e86057e381d982c0d6b59f.png

Also, I have a minor problem using the remote in scenes.  For instance, if someone turns a light on with the remote and later a program or smart device is used to turn the light off, the light comes back on after a short time (within 5 mins).  It appears that whatever the last command was used from the remote to control the device gets checked again (after a poll?) and reinitiates the command for the scene.  We just need to ensure that we turn the light off with the remote if we want it to stay off. ;-)

You should see 4 sub-nodes for the remote after the update.  You can select one of those as the device and use control (rather than status) - that should execute whenever the key is pressed (you select in the node setting if it is DON/DOF etc.) - that will effectively ensure the press is executed - even if the state does not change. I do not think you need to use the first statement in the if statement - I think the new sub-nodes ensures this

I cannot think of why the problem you are describing happens  - if you can get a debug log of when it happens I can take a look to see if I can figure out why it happend.

17 hours ago, Panda88 said:

You should see 4 sub-nodes for the remote after the update.  You can select one of those as the device and use control (rather than status) - that should execute whenever the key is pressed (you select in the node setting if it is DON/DOF etc.) - that will effectively ensure the press is executed - even if the state does not change. I do not think you need to use the first statement in the if statement - I think the new sub-nodes ensures this

I cannot think of why the problem you are describing happens  - if you can get a debug log of when it happens I can take a look to see if I can figure out why it happend.

I do see the 4 sub-nodes just as you say. The program example above was not a working program; I only created it to illustrate the options available.  I did choose a sub-node as well as the main node for examples. I also do not think I would need the first IF statement - just trying to show the choices.  I don't see a difference "control" versus "status".   I may not know what I'm doing...

Regarding the lights coming ON based on the last setting in the scene, I'll see if I can capture a debug.

Cheers!

The main issue - as I see it -  is the node does not know the state of the scene - so it you turn on the device from the remote, the state will be on - if someone else turns the device off, and you press the remote, I am not sure the state changes (not triggering the program)  - but sending a control for sure will trigger the program - I may not be 100 correct here, but it is my understanding

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Panda88, I've been experimenting with new Don/Doff and Toggle features available for the Yolink four key remote and have noticed that each command is sent twice. For the Don and Dof commands, this isn't normally  very noticeable, but was in my case because I was triggering toggle programs (not your toggle feature) and so my target alway toggled back to the original state.  Your toggle feature has the same problem, if added to a scene, the scene always toggle back to the original state.

I've attached two activity logs that demonstrate this for a Don command, and a Toggle command. Each is the result of a single remote button key press, where the button is controlling a scene. The remote button is n005_c01000534key0. The devices n005_8b4c0100056aae and n005_8b4c0100056ca0 are two Yolink On/Off switches in the scene controlled by the remote button press.

Event_Log_Don_Test.txt Event_Log_Toggle_Test.txt

Do you have a node server log of this - ideally with debug enabled 

I wonder if the issue is with the switch also sending a command - I thought I had eliminated this but there may still be a bug.  I'll check in parallel after I finish my changes to the remote - The current code has an issue with the polling causing the last command to be executed again - so if something else changes the controlled devices' state, it will execute 

Hi @Panda88, thanks! I've attached a debug log for a replicated toggle command.

I used different devices this time. The remote button is d88b4c010005f131 and it's controlling a scene with the switch 8b4c01000574cb. I pressed the button at 12:24, the switch toggled on, then at 12:25 it toggled back off again.

Yolink_NS_Debug_Log_Command_Resend_Issue.log

This is how I envision the use .  The toggle function (long press) is used directly in a scene - as a controller - It will send DON followed by DOF on next click and so on

The ON (DOF) (short press) will be sent to a program as control waiting for ON (switched on) - that way ON will be sent each time the switch is pressed.

I do not believe that I did change anything on the status but let me know if something changed.  I do not think I touched this part of the code, and it seems to be working in my tests (but I did not test excessively on this one as I do not believe I changed anything)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

The FOB keys are reset to defaultupon install (from versions before the latest) - so if you changed anything you need to reconfig in the AC - The new release is supposed to remember the settings upon restart

I need the log from the node - ideally with debug enabled 

4 minutes ago, Panda88 said:

This is how I envision the use .  The toggle function (long press) is used directly in a scene - as a controller - It will send DON followed by DOF on next click and so on

The ON (DOF) (short press) will be sent to a program as control waiting for ON (switched on) - that way ON will be sent each time the switch is pressed.

I do not believe that I did change anything on the status but let me know if something changed.  I do not think I touched this part of the code, and it seems to be working in my tests (but I did not test excessively on this one as I do not believe I changed anything)

Clipboard01.jpg

Clipboard03.jpg

I setup scenes after earlier discussion on this thread.  It was working for the most part (as I described earlier).  However, the scenes stopped functioning all together - I haven't spent too much time trying to troubleshoot yet.  I will try using programs again as you depict above.

6 hours ago, Panda88 said:

The FOB keys are reset to defaultupon install (from versions before the latest) - so if you changed anything you need to reconfig in the AC - The new release is supposed to remember the settings upon restart

I need the log from the node - ideally with debug enabled 

I left the Fob functions as "Default" because I'm not clear how I would identify multiple functions (eg. On/Off) otherwise - I tried using the toggle function but I couldn't get it to work.  Also, when I did choose the Short Press for ON and the Long Press for OFF, it just reverted back so I just used the defaults knowing that the short press was OFF...at least it was working that way.  Now it doesn't work in the scene at all.  I do see when monitoring the Fob device that it does show the button status correctly.

image.thumb.png.1e7a940bab2db976aea3389067ee3909.png

YoLink_3-16-2023_53948-PM.zip

Can you try to erase the FOB and the 4 sub keys (there may actually be 2 sets of 4) in the nodes in the PG3 browser interface (and in the AC) to be sure. and then restart the node server.  It looks like the keys somehow did not get installed correctly.  I have seen this before when upgrading the node and/or PG3

What are you trying to achieve with the scene? Can you show me the setup pf key4 (the yolink key4 line/device)

Edited by Panda88
15 hours ago, Panda88 said:

Can you try to erase the FOB and the 4 sub keys (there may actually be 2 sets of 4) in the nodes in the PG3 browser interface (and in the AC) to be sure. and then restart the node server.  It looks like the keys somehow did not get installed correctly.  I have seen this before when upgrading the node and/or PG3

What are you trying to achieve with the scene? Can you show me the setup pf key4 (the yolink key4 line/device)

Thanks @Panda88.  What you suggested worked.

I created the scene for muliple remotes to control lights.  For instance, I use the Yolink remote on my night stand to turn on/off each of the bedroom lights and a main hall and outside lights.  The scene also has other remotes including the Yolink on my wife's night stand.

image.thumb.png.679f682631e0f1ca9b443168bb3cf9d5.png

image.thumb.png.c26c1fbfdcf180e45099066d07ad23fb.png

Thanks for your work and support on getting these Yolink remotes to work.  The Insteon ones are on their last legs...

I think you should just use DON / DOF - Fast on and fast off are representing double clicks from Insteon devices used in programs - not scenes (as far as I understand - I am no expert here).  It is not related to speed - it is 2 different click types. 

Edited by Panda88
26 minutes ago, Panda88 said:

I think you should just use DON / DOF - Fast on and fast off are representing double clicks from Insteon devices used in programs - not scenes (as far as I understand - I am no expert here).  It is not related to speed - it is 2 different click types. 

Gotcha.  I had changed to the Fast ON/OFF because in one of the latest IoX releases the DON stopped working and I found that the Fast On was a work around.  I think the difference is no ramp up/down.  Seems to be working fine.