Support thread: IoX 5.5.5 Release

Chris Jahn

So I had the issue and fixed it as instructed.  I am back up again but my IOX keeps restarting itself.  I even stopped pg3 totally and same thing.

Power cycled.  New Power supply (I tried it but if it was that it would cause the entire polisy to reboot)  Tried Everything.  Sent logs to tech support but all I see is Queue Full.

I keep refreshing the portal to see the green light (That will go grey when it reboots so its an easy way to tell.) I also have a program on startup that lets me know but it takes a while since it has to Query on startup first. Its not open up to the outside world and nothing else connecting to it but the admin console (pg2 i guess but as I said pg3 is stopped)

I might be onto something though.  I had it working fine for 45 min with the admin console open.  I closed the admin console and within a minute IOX restarted (but not the entire polisy).

I have a support ticket in and will update that but any ideas I will try.   not 100% sure the admin console has anything to do with it but I did not have it open that long before.  Very Strange.

1 hour ago, macjeff said:

Update on my last post.  The issue is Latest JAVA update on Mac with latest os 13.2

The fix is simple.  DONT just quit the ISY launcher.

Go to file and EXIT and you will be fine.

if you dont it may reboot IOX.

I confirmed on a second mac.

Just did the same thing on a PC.  Difference is a PC does a graceful disconnect but a mac does not.  To emulate what a mac does when you quit you can do END TASK and the problem does happen.

Also if anyone runs homebridge when restarting it, same problem happens.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, macjeff said:

Just did the same thing on a PC.  Difference is a PC does a graceful disconnect but a mac does not.  To emulate what a mac does when you quit you can do END TASK and the problem does happen.

Also if anyone runs homebridge when restarting it, same problem happens.

Ok, this explains why I was going crazy last night working on my Mac and making changes in Homebridge. I was also experimenting again with Homebridge isy Maker in hopes of making Zen32 relay show up in Homekit via that and a variable (binary switches don't seem to show up - do you by any chance have a solution?). I noticed the IoX kept restarting and I think had something to do with the isy maker plugin how it hooks in live to homebridge, so I disabled and no restarts over the night.

15 minutes ago, brians said:

Ok, this explains why I was going crazy last night working on my Mac and making changes in Homebridge. I was also experimenting again with Homebridge isy Maker in hopes of making Zen32 relay show up in Homekit via that and a variable (binary switches don't seem to show up - do you by any chance have a solution?). I noticed the IoX kept restarting and I think had something to do with the isy maker plugin how it hooks in live to homebridge, so I disabled and no restarts over the night.

I have a screenshare with Michel today.  We will get to bottom of this!!!

For now leave Homebridge off or if you start it DONT restart it. 

Here are my findings....

1. Mac-  Hitting command q or quitting admin console causes ISY on Polisy (not sure about EISY) to reboot almost instantly .  Fix is to go to file and exit in admin console before quitting

2. PC- Since mac does a full quit it and PC does more of a minimize when you close it does not crash,  HOWEVER, you can cause the same issue by ending task with task manager when using Admin console. ISY will restart.

3. Homebridge-  Restarting computer, stop service, restart homebridge all crashes ISY. 

4. iOS- Some apps other than UD Mobile (it works fine) will cause ISY to restart.

Its all due to the way it disconnects. It needs to unsubscribe correctly from the ISY or it crashes.

1 hour ago, macjeff said:

I have a screenshare with Michel today.  We will get to bottom of this!!!

For now leave Homebridge off or if you start it DONT restart it. 

Here are my findings....

1. Mac-  Hitting command q or quitting admin console causes ISY on Polisy (not sure about EISY) to reboot almost instantly .  Fix is to go to file and exit in admin console before quitting

2. PC- Since mac does a full quit it and PC does more of a minimize when you close it does not crash,  HOWEVER, you can cause the same issue by ending task with task manager when using Admin console. ISY will restart.

3. Homebridge-  Restarting computer, stop service, restart homebridge all crashes ISY. 

4. iOS- Some apps other than UD Mobile (it works fine) will cause ISY to restart.

Its all due to the way it disconnects. It needs to unsubscribe correctly from the ISY or it crashes.

Add to this: UD mobile also crashes IoX if force quit app in iOS - ie swipe up. I actually had it crash in me last night on my iPad and noticed this and wondering what was going on. I just did now in iPhone and iox rebooted. I am on Polisy running v5.5.6 so not fixed in that version.

Edited by brians
1 hour ago, brians said:

Add to this: UD mobile also crashes IoX if force quit app in iOS - ie swipe up. I actually had it crash in me last night on my iPad and noticed this and wondering what was going on. I just did now in iPhone and iox rebooted. I am on Polisy running v5.5.6 so not fixed in that version.

also does not matter port 8443 or 8080.  

Michel is aware of the issue and could not do immediate fix.  They will work internally on this. I will update here (or he will) when fixed.  But for now make sure you choose file exit in the admin console on mac and pc(though PC you really have to end task to cause issue), dont force quit UD Mobile, and dont run homebridge unless you understand that touching it in almost any way will cause your ISY service to restart.

• Like 1