ZMatter USB Internals

mmb
Go to solution Solved by gzahar,

Hi, our Canadian seller of UDI devices has ZMatter USB dongles in stock (supposedly).

Does anyone know if the dongle can be disassembled (without destroying it) and the internal module used in the Polisy directly?

This might be a way to get around the no availability no eta for the ZMatter module itself from the seller.

Thanks.

zmatterusb.thumb.PNG.7f593178c56a382019b9fdf0dbf0b5c4.PNG

https://www.universal-devices.com/product/zmatter-usb-enclosure/

UDI also sells the enclosure by itself if you have the zmatter board and want to convert it to usb

Here is a pic of the individually purchased zmatter board on the right and where it fits without modification in the enclosure a6b3039051707eefa38d730cb52b9a87.jpg

Edit: The enclosure kit also contains the antennas, I just didn’t put them in the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I think the board inside the dongle will work perfectly in a polisy is what I was trying to communicate. It just plugs into the circuit board inside the dongle, and you will have to move the two antenna to the holes in the polisy chassis. I initially bought the board on the right for my polisy, then purchased the dongle to hold it.

• Like 1
  • Solution
4 hours ago, mmb said:

Hi, our Canadian seller of UDI devices has ZMatter USB dongles in stock (supposedly).

Does anyone know if the dongle can be disassembled (without destroying it) and the internal module used in the Polisy directly?

This might be a way to get around the no availability no eta for the ZMatter module itself from the seller.

Thanks.

zmatterusb.thumb.PNG.7f593178c56a382019b9fdf0dbf0b5c4.PNG

You can just plug that USB module into Polisy.  You don't have to mount the board internally.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, gdb said:

I initially bought the board on the right for my polisy, then purchased the dongle to hold it.

Does the dongle screw down  or clip in?

What was your reasoning for moving the module to the dongle? Maybe I’m missing something…

Does the dongle screw down  or clip in?
What was your reasoning for moving the module to the dongle? Maybe I’m missing something…

So the board screws into the dongle after clipping into the edge connector (the long white piece you see somewhat near the USB connector) the dongle then just plugs into the Polisy or Eisy.

My plan was originally to migrate from my isy to the Polisy and install the board inside the Polisy. Then my Polisy hiccuped pre migration right as the eisy shipped, so I have received the eisy and migrated everything to it, zwave included via the dongle. Everything has been rock solid.

• Like 1