Why Do i need an Eisy

EminenceElectric

What is the advantage of getting an Eisy over getting a Hubitat hub? I used Insteon with the insteon hub in my old house and I started to use the isy994 but never fully migrated to it. Then we moved and kids and life was crazy and this stuff wasn't a priority. So hear I am again and I am looking for a versatile, reliable and relatively simple system to set up.  I started here just because this is where i left off the last time i was doing home automation. However I am seeing so many new products on the market and wondering if I should just get a hubitat hub and use Home Assistant. What is the big advantage of UD?

Thanks, 

Mostly it's up to personal preference and what you're used to or what you're using. If you're starting fresh/new then you need to research what you want to achieve out of a system and what system would work best for you. Only you know that (at this point). So not much here to help you figure that out until you know what you want/need in a system.

These forums are more support than "pre-sales" research. As such most here will be biased (more than likely) and just tell you what you can do with eisy and the ISY foundation that you might remember. 

The best place to get info is through the UD website. 

I think you spoke volumes though when you say "simple system to setup". If you're truly starting from scratch and don't have any automation or switches in the house then you've got to look for a total system that will fit your goals and desires. 

If that's Insteon and then if you want the ISY system (in the eisy) for the largest option for customization then we'll see you back here once you've installed your devices and have your eisy setup. 

I think the prevailing fact is (you'll probably see it in a few posts in Coffee Shop asking what system to install) all systems have faults. It's what fits your wants, needs, and budget the best will be the best for YOU.

5 hours ago, EminenceElectric said:

What is the advantage of getting an Eisy over getting a Hubitat hub? I used Insteon with the insteon hub in my old house and I started to use the isy994 but never fully migrated to it. Then we moved and kids and life was crazy and this stuff wasn't a priority. So hear I am again and I am looking for a versatile, reliable and relatively simple system to set up.  I started here just because this is where i left off the last time i was doing home automation. However I am seeing so many new products on the market and wondering if I should just get a hubitat hub and use Home Assistant. What is the big advantage of UD?

Thanks, 

What are you looking to automate? How much are you looking to do? You might not even need a HUB or anything super special to perform things like smart light switches to work with your Alexa or Google. HUBs like UD are best if you have many different types of hardware you are using like Insteon and Z-Wave where you can do all that in one place.

But if you're looking to do just a few lights switches, outlets or some smart bulbs I'd stick to one brand like Kasa TP-Link. This is just for basic needs.

It depends on how deep into home automation and needs you desire.

TRI0N