Z Wave roll back

BONeil

7 hours ago, lilyoyo1 said:

That says alot. Kind of hard for UDI to fix (or help fix) something when you offer zero insight. 

Possibly true, but not something I'd ever expect/want UDI to do.  The idea is that they have a well developed REST interface and the more "stable" that is, the more they don't have to worry about what is "connected" to the ISY.

My whole issue is the use of unique/stable device identifiers is "spread out" over a number of integrations that use the REST interface and that means all of them need to be updated.  In the case of some, which present an entire touchscreen UI overlay, such changes involve pretty much every device in the house.  Which is manual, tedious, error prone, etc.

11 hours ago, TRI0N said:

From zero if you're just doing switches and outlets I would tell people to buy TP-Link Kasa. They work great and eisy uses and identifies them very nicely since PG3. Scene Controllers I would says the ZEN32 is a favorite and has it pros and cons vs Insteon. That is what I would recommend right now...

TRI0N

I would caution people on this recommendation.  The Kasa API is not supported by TP-Link so it can break at any time, it has been reverse engineered and the developers keep up with changes as much as possible, but TP-Link could decide to lock it up at any point.  That said, I do like my Kasa bulbs, LED strips, Outlets & Power Strips.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

I would caution people on this recommendation.  The Kasa API is not supported by TP-Link so it can break at any time, it has been reverse engineered and the developers keep up with changes as much as possible, but TP-Link could decide to lock it up at any point.  That said, I do like my Kasa bulbs, LED strips, Outlets & Power Strips.

Wasn't aware of the Kasa Node stability. It's been working wonderful for basic needs on the old 994 ISY PG2 when everything was just On/Off. But now in eisy and PG3 identify them quiet nicely. Especially my HS-300 power strips and energy bulbs. But good to know on the break.. However the Kasa WiFi Network doesn't rely on eisy. So even if it does go dark the switches will continue to work. 

TRI0N