HarmonyHub Not Finding My Hubs

dbuss
Go to solution Solved by dbuss,

I just migrated PG3 to my Eisy from Polisy. HarmonyHub discovered my hubs on the Polisy but is unable to discover them on my Eisy. Here is a screenshot of the HarmonyHub Controller. Any ideas about what my problem might be?

Thanks! image.thumb.png.1b28a76d2b2ba069664ecf29f7aa5d87.png

19 hours ago, dbuss said:

I just migrated PG3 to my Eisy from Polisy. HarmonyHub discovered my hubs on the Polisy but is unable to discover them on my Eisy. Here is a screenshot of the HarmonyHub Controller. Any ideas about what my problem might be?

Thanks! image.thumb.png.1b28a76d2b2ba069664ecf29f7aa5d87.png

Did you confirm the configuration for the node server is correct in PG3.

Did you try selecting the Discover button on the page in your screenshot and then close and restart admin console?

32 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Did you confirm the configuration for the node server is correct in PG3. 

Did you try selecting the Discover button on the page in your screenshot and then close and restart admin console?

Hi @DennisC 

I appreciate your response to my problem. 

Did you confirm the configuration for the node server is correct in PG3. I think I have several times. I've deleted and reinstalled the node server also. 

Did you try selecting the Discover button on the page in your screenshot and then close and restart admin console? Yes. Several times.

The node server was working on PG3 on the Polisy.

After attempting to discover hubs there is a message in the PG3 UI that says "Nothing To Purge."

Edited by dbuss
Add information
3 minutes ago, dbuss said:

Did you confirm the configuration for the node server is correct in PG3. I think I have several times. I've deleted and reinstalled the node server also. 

After installing a node server, it needs to be configured in PG3. It is possible your previous configuration settings were lost in the upgrade.

Check under the Configuration tab for the node server in question and compare what is required in the help text to what you have configured to insure all is correct.

Did you have the admin console open during the upgrade, if so, you must close the admin console and restart it for the changes to be shown.

While I don't use this node server, I found the following instructions in the readme file:

Installation

IMPORTANT: The latest harmony hub firmware broke access, you must manually enable xmpp for each hub in the Harmony App: https://community.logitech.com/s/question/0D55A00008D4bZ4SAJ/harmony-hub-firmware-update-fixes-vulnerabilities

• Connect to one of your Hubs in the Harmony App
  • Select Menu -> Harmony Setup -> Add/Edit Devices & Activities
  • Select Remote & Hub -> Enable XMPP
  • Do this for every hub.
  1. Make sure your Harmony Hubs have a static IP assigned. The nodeserver can not re-find the hub if it changes IP addresses. This may be fixed in the future.
  2. Backup Your ISY in case of problems!
    • Really, do the backup, please
  3. Go to the Polyglot Store in the UI and install.
  4. Add NodeServer in Polyglot Web
  5. Open the admin console (close and re-open if you had it open) and you should see a new node 'HarmonyController'
  6. The auto-discover should automatically run and find your hubs and add them. Verify by checking the nodeserver log. If it doesn't then Select the HarmonyController node and click the 'Discover'.
    • While this is running you can view the nodeserver log in the Polyglot UI to see what it's doing
  7. This should find your Harmony Hubs and add them to the ISY with all devices and activities if your Harmony Hub and Polyglot are on the same subnet. If they are not, then you can manually add the hub address as described in the next section,
  8. Once all nodes are added you will need to close and re-open the admin console the new custom profile is loaded.
3 minutes ago, DennisC said:

The only other suggest I can offer is have you looked in the node server log and PG3 log for errors?

IF that doesn't help, I would suggest tagging the node server developer for help.

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

It's add that PG3 -> PG3x migration didn't just keep your existing hubs.  I just did that migrating last weekend and it worked fine.

Is your eisy connected to Ethernet or WiFi?

My Eisy is connected to WIFI.

1 minute ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Ok, that is why discovery won't work with eisy when on WiFi. No idea how this can be resolved.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I will connect with ethernet. No problem. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Solution
58 minutes ago, Jimbo.Automates said:

Ok, that is why discovery won't work with eisy when on WiFi. No idea how this can be resolved.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Works like a charm now after connecting to ethernet. Thank you @Jimbo.Automates!

• Like 1