Operating ISY994 without internet access

Jimini

Can I run ISY programs when my internet connection is down?  I have a power grid outage but my solar system keeps my local WiFi operating.  However, my isp is down. I need to run some ISY programs for house power management with grid down, but I can’t execute ISY admin console because it can’t load something. I think Java related. 

Thanks. Got it downloaded. Bypassed the Mac security verification and opened it. 
Got a warning that my Java was out of date  but replied “Later” to that. It started to load, displayed the UD logo but then stopped saying unable to launch.   Long list of details but the first is:  

unknownHostException: ISY.universal-devices.com. 
Don’t know if this is related to out of date Java on my system or Mac incompatibility.  It will be difficult to update computers Java since I don’t have internet service through my isp. I can only download stuff to my phone through its cell data channel and move it to my Mac. Any suggestions?

30 minutes ago, Jimini said:

Thanks. Got it downloaded. Bypassed the Mac security verification and opened it. 
Got a warning that my Java was out of date  but replied “Later” to that. It started to load, displayed the UD logo but then stopped saying unable to launch.   Long list of details but the first is:  

Don’t know if this is related to out of date Java on my system or Mac incompatibility.  It will be difficult to update computers Java since I don’t have internet service through my isp. I can only download stuff to my phone through its cell data channel and move it to my Mac. Any suggestions?

I don't use a Mac & you may be required to update Java before the Launcher will work, depending on how old your version is. You can try opening Java Control Panel and going to the security tab. There should be a section called "Exception Site List".

Add the IP address of your ISY to this list and click OK. This should skip the security block for this address.

If this doesn't work, your Java might be outdated.

2 hours ago, Jimini said:

Some MAC users can never get Launcher to work correctly, others use it everyday without issue.

If Launcher doesn't work for you the alternative method is to download the admin console from the ISY itself... http://IP.OF.THE.ISY/admin.jnlp  (replacing IP.OF.THE.ISY with the actually IP address such as 192.168.1.222 etc)  Save the admin.jnlp file to your desktop and use that to open the admin connsole.  the downside to this is that some people run into browser security issues and the admin.jnlp file must be deleted, java cache cleared, and re-downloaded anytime the ISY's firmware changes.  the admin.jnlp file used here must match the firmware of the ISY, when using Launcher the correct version should always be used automatically.

• 2 weeks later...

To all who sent me replies to my need to find an Admin Console that would work without internet service, thank you very much and I apologize for the long delay before sending this update.

I was able to install IoX Launcher and it is working fine.  

We were plagued with two consecutive power & internet outages in the span of two weeks, lasting 74 hours and 52 hours each with only a 3-day reprieve in between with power and internet.  It may still happen again with the next storm due on Tuesday.  

Thank you.

• Like 1