Bypass for Non Alarm Zone using UD Mobile

pjjameso
Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

Currently I have a wine cabinet door which is setup as a non alarm zone.  I have written two rules in ELK such that when the zone is violated the keypads start beeping and another to turn off the beeping when the zone is secure.

I would like to be able to use the UDI App to disable the beeping (in case folks have gone to bed) when I open the wine cabinet and auto enable after a short period of time.  What would really be awesome is if I could get ELK to announce, 'wine cabinet violation' and beep at the same time.....

Any thoughts as how to proceed?

4 minutes ago, pjjameso said:

Currently I have a wine cabinet door which is setup as a non alarm zone.  I have written two rules in ELK such that when the zone is violated the keypads start beeping and another to turn off the beeping when the zone is secure.

I would like to be able to use the UDI App to disable the beeping (in case folks have gone to bed) when I open the wine cabinet and auto enable after a short period of time.  What would really be awesome is if I could get ELK to announce, 'wine cabinet violation' and beep at the same time.....

Any thoughts as how to proceed?

What components are you using? Are you on Polisy/eisy, do you have the Elk node server? All can be accomplished very easily with the Elk node server and UD Mobile.

All programing should be created in Polisy/eisy, using the Elk node server nodes. At a high level, create a program that disables the beeping program. It can be time based or with no If statement. If you go with no If statement, leave the program disabled and create a command item in UD Mobile that runs the Then command on the disabled program. When you tap on that icon the program would disable the beeping. I typically have the icon change colors when it is running the command (Then).

If you want the beeping to resume in the morning and your If section is blank, create a second program to run at a certain time to enable the beeping command, or back in the 1st disabled program, add a Wait for x hours and then enable the beeping command.

Elk node server can also handle the voice part of your question. There are instructions on the Elk node server help page on github, which you access through the node server store.

• Like 2
  • Solution
5 minutes ago, pjjameso said:

Okay, Failed miserably. I dont understand using network resources how to trigger the beep and the voice when the zone is violated.  Any hint on the driver format to use?

Why are you using network resources? Maybe I am not understanding exactly what you are trying to accomplish?

The voice words I have coming out of my Elk speaker were set up way before the node server. They are set up in the Elk M1 & triggered by the Polisy/eisy system. So I have no practical experience doing it all from Polisy/eisy.

However, take a look at these previous threads for ideas & guidance on doing it from the node server:

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/35026-elk-pg3-voice-commands-now-active/

https://forum.universal-devices.com/topic/40067-silencing-voice-messages-from-elk-ns/

• Thanks 1

Two posts solved my programming, thank you. Everything was completed in Elk RP, voice and beep. Used rules to trigger a task for voice while the rules handled the beep on and off.

Used output state set by Polisy to silence voice and beep incorporated into the rule, eg if output ‘on’ don’t speak or beep for 30 Seconds.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

For anyone else trying to set up Elk voice with the Elk node server, it is very simple and works well.

There are two points to remember, make sure you have Chime Mode set to Voice or Chime & Voice, and you must use words not phrase from the drop down box in the program when setting up the Controller with the words to speak.

The ability to use phrase doesn't seem to work and is a known bug.

Setting this up in a program with the Elk node server allows you to set an active time period in the If portion of the program for quiet time. You can also add other conditions for example if armed away, or armed vacation, etc.

• Like 1