NullPointerException, now always-on RX light and no devices

tabraham

So far I have not had much luck with my ISY-26. I received it yesterday from Smarthome with a PLC 2.4 Rev 52, and I'm using Windows XP SP2 w/ Norton Internet Security 2008.

I had to set a fixed IP address in the ISY before I could connect to it with the app. Using DHCP resulted in a NullPointerException upon login.

Now I don't see any devices in the app. The ISY has the RX light locked on solid. I have a pure, newly installed Insteon network. The PLC is connected to the ISY on Port A. If I power up the ISY with no cable connected to it at all, the RX light stays on solid, just as it does with the cable connected. I've plugged and unplugged both devices in different orders and reconnected the serial cable, but nothing helps.

The result is always the same -- solid RX light and no devices shown in the app.

Thanks,

Tom

tabraham,

I do apologize for the inconvenience ... as per my email, what you are experiencing has to be a defective PLM. Please do let us know in case you are not sent a replacement PLM and we'll take care of it.

With kind regards,

Michel

There isn't any other cable to choose, unless I'm missing something. Between the two boxes there is only one RS-232 to RJ-45 cable, a black one.

Archived