ZW Dimmer switch will not act as a control

tosterhouse

12 hours ago, Techman said:

Are you able to turn the switch on and off from the admin console?

If you manually turn the switch on and off does its status correctly display in the admin console?

Can you post a screen shot of the switch nodes as they appear in the device list.

Yes, from the admin console I am able to turn the light on and off. The switch also displays on and off in the admin console when I press the physical switch.

10 hours ago, TSinclair said:

My workaround in this situation is to change the program to monitor status instead of control of the switch.

10 hours ago, TSinclair said:

My workaround in this situation is to change the program to monitor status instead of control of the switch.

If I select the status the program will trigger with the motion sensors which will disable the programs intention.

This program runs my garage lights. When we are under the car and no motion is sensed the lights turn off. This is why I was using the on switch to turn the garage lights on and it also then disabled the motion sensor program. I then press the off on the switch to turn the lights off and then re-enable the motion sensor program. This worked perfect with the Insteon switch.

12 hours ago, Techman said:

Are you able to turn the switch on and off from the admin console?

If you manually turn the switch on and off does its status correctly display in the admin console?

Can you post a screen shot of the switch nodes as they appear in the device list.

I will post tonight. Thank you for the responses!

I understand now.  It is annoying that these switches do not function as elegant as insteon!

A couple ideas would be to assign another variable that captures if the switch was activated by a motion sensor/program or check if the switch has any scene nodes.  My zooz swiches do have scene nodes so I am at least able to use those for fast on's to operate programs (versus just status).

I'm not familiar with the Jasco switches.  You would assign the scene node generated during the z-wave pairing/interview to your program.  Here is a simple example I am using:

Garage Door Right - [ID 0206][Parent 0204]

If
        'Z-Wave Extra Nodes / ZY 043 Scene Button 2' is switched Fast On

Then
        Set 'Garage / GA ZEN17 / ZY 093.2 Binary Switch' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

3 hours ago, TSinclair said:

I'm not familiar with the Jasco switches.  You would assign the scene node generated during the z-wave pairing/interview to your program.  Here is a simple example I am using:

Garage Door Right - [ID 0206][Parent 0204]

If
        'Z-Wave Extra Nodes / ZY 043 Scene Button 2' is switched Fast On

Then
        Set 'Garage / GA ZEN17 / ZY 093.2 Binary Switch' On

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

I tried with no success

image.png.55825cb5ee67fce0e04c030b814cb5b2.png