Login with ISY Portal. Why?

Can't I have a "normal" login? Why does login want your ISY Portal login? I don't subscribe to UDI but I am a loyal user. Why not offer a normal login screen? I am in the process of purchasing the eisy, but UDI only offers to login using a Portal Login. Why not offer a "normal" option for login?

Tried my login. no workie.. Come on UDI, be normal. :)

Edited by nowandthen
  • Like 1
16 hours ago, nowandthen said:

Why not offer a "normal" option for login?

What do you see when trying to log in? Again, how are you viewing the site?

When I log out I get this option to log back in:

image.png

To me "Sign In" is using a display name or email address. I would consider this "normal". 

Would like to see what you're seeing and not sure why you wouldn't have the same. Maybe you're on an app to see the site and it's only giving one method. 

It's been a while (2020) since UDI introduced the SSO option. The introduction of SSO suggested that the other method would be going away, but clearly still seems available (at least on Chrome, Firefox, and Edge). 

Perhaps for me biggest issue is portal login doesn't have 2FA/MFA available. 

5 hours ago, Geddy said:

What do you see when trying to log in? Again, how are you viewing the site?

I don't think he's talking about the forum.... logging in for shopping, tickets, etc on universal-devices.com, AFAIK the forum still makes it option to use a portal account for login. www.universal-devices.com however only uses Portal login.  Which makes sense because there are a number of web packages stitched together under the parent site, wordpress, a ticketing system plugin, a shopping cart plugin...etc

After a hack a few years ago, they added the ability to use portal login for the forum.  Everyone was to link their current forum account and to their portal account, and then after a period of time, users would only be able to use portal login... it's been years tho and they forgot about that detail and you can still use either type of login in the forum.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, nowandthen said:

When I click on My Account on Universal-Devices.com this is what I see

Ah. Yes. I misunderstood your original post and thought just forum login. Correct. UDI website requires a (free) ISY Portal account as @MrBill mentioned above. Most would consider the ISY Portal login as the "normal option" for logging in for their site. Since it allows you to handle everything you'd ever need (again, as @MrBill points out above). Not sure what you were trying to use to log in that didn't work. 

If you'd like to communicate directly with UDI you should use their Contact Us link on their website. The forums are more user-to-user support options that happen to be monitored by UDI staff on occasion, but any specific help or communication with the company should be through their more "official" methods.