Eisy Upgrade packages - How long to complete?

TheA2Z
Go to solution Solved by TheA2Z,

Just getting around to starting my ISY migration.

First step, hooked eisy to ethernet cable and logged in with IoX admin.  Clicked Upgrade Packages button.  Been about 15m since I hit the button.  How long does it take before the eisy shows back up in the IoX finder screen hitting refresh?

3 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

Just getting around to starting my ISY migration.

First step, hooked eisy to ethernet cable and logged in with IoX admin.  Clicked Upgrade Packages button.  Been about 15m since I hit the button.  How long does it take before the eisy shows back up in the IoX finder screen hitting refresh?

It depends on how old the current packages are. Could be a few .minutes, could be 30 minutes. The instructions had a command to ssh in and monitor the progress.

6 minutes ago, DennisC said:

It depends on how old the current packages are. Could be a few .minutes, could be 30 minutes. The instructions had a command to ssh in and monitor the progress.

It will be the first upgrade since I got the eisy in Jan.  Ill keep monitoring. 

Where are the SSH instructions to monitor progress?  Couldnt find, can you send link?

41 minutes ago, DennisC said:

You can ssh in and then run:

sudo tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

Don't forget, after the upgrade you need to reboot.

No luck on being able to access the eisy after hitting Upgrade Packages in admin.  Been an hour.  The Logs show this from almost an hour ago then stop.  

I rebooted and still cant get to admin screen.  Do I need to do a factory reset and try again?

image.thumb.png.46956ff26d65ab90d38f66dd0c8abd12.png

8 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

No luck on being able to access the eisy after hitting Upgrade Packages in admin.  Been an hour.  The Logs show this from almost an hour ago then stop.  

I rebooted and still cant get to admin screen.  Do I need to do a factory reset and try again?

image.thumb.png.46956ff26d65ab90d38f66dd0c8abd12.png

What do you mean by stopped?

The log you posted is showing updates happening. Try coping and pasting the log here.

1 minute ago, DennisC said:

What do you mean by stopped?

The log you posted is showing updates happening. Try coping and pasting the log here.

When I ssh'd in and typed sudo tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

That is all that showed on the screen?  The dates stamp for those activities were an hour ago.

12 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

When I ssh'd in and typed sudo tail -f /var/udx/logs/log

That is all that showed on the screen?  The dates stamp for those activities were an hour ago.

Ok, so there is no additional activity happening in the log?

If that is the case, then you can reboot. You can use the multi function button, 5 presses will reboot eisy.

After rebooting, wait about 15 minutes, then you need to clear your Java cache and delete all three check boxes. Next download a new start.jnlp from https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

After downloading, run it and you will get a new IoX Launcher icon on your desktop.

If, after obtaining a new IoX Launcher you can not fi d eisy, follow this guide: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Can't_Find_eisy

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Ok, so there is no additional activity happening in the log?

If that is the case, then you can reboot. You can use the multi function button, 5 presses will reboot eisy.

After rebooting, wait about 15 minutes, then you need to clear your Java cache and delete all three check boxes. Next download a new start.jnlp from https://isy.universal-devices.com/start.jnlp

After downloading, run it and you will get a new IoX Launcher icon on your desktop.

If, after obtaining a new IoX Launcher you can not fi d eisy, follow this guide: https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Can't_Find_eisy

Followed all the steps above.  Still cant get Eisy to show in the IoX launcher.  I am able to ssh into the eisy though.  After reboot I checked the log again using the tail method above.  It sis still showing the same statements that the different packages needing to be updated.

It is saying the packages need to be updated.  Do I need to update them or should eisy do it by itself?  The ethernet port is showing flashing green activity, but nothing is updating in the log.  Does the screenshot below reflect what a successful update of eisy should look like or does it look like something is wrong?

image.thumb.png.756172e7f815ca7fdd2fb0ce8608f5f4.png