Dusk to Dawn binary sensor from Insteon Motion sensors (1st gen) showing reversed

Go to solution Solved by shbatm,

I have three of the 1st generation Insteon Motion Sensors 2842-222 that, in addition to Motion and Low Battery, report Dusk to Dawn in IoX. In IoX is shows "On" when light level is low and "Off" when light levels are bright. In my system I have this labeled as "Dark"

In HA using the Universal Devices ISY/IoX integration this comes across and is showing up as a light class binary sensor (which makes sense) but the On and Off seems reversed which I think is because the light binary sensor class in HA says on means light detected, off means no light.

I know I can flip them using a template, but shouldn't they be flipped in the integration since it will always show incorrectly for the 1st gen motion sensors?

Below is history from one of my sensors which shows how this shows up:

Screenshot 2023-04-24 163347.png

Edited by DaveStLou
Revised screenshot
  • Like 1
5 hours ago, DaveStLou said:

I have three of the 1st generation Insteon Motion Sensors 2842-222 that, in addition to Motion and Low Battery, report Dusk to Dawn in IoX. In IoX is shows "On" when light level is low and "Off" when light levels are bright. In my system I have this labeled as "Dark"

In HA using the Universal Devices ISY/IoX integration this comes across and is showing up as a light class binary sensor (which makes sense) but the On and Off seems reversed which I think is because the light binary sensor class in HA says on means light detected, off means no light.

I know I can flip them using a template, but shouldn't they be flipped in the integration since it will always show incorrectly for the 1st gen motion sensors?

Below is history from one of my sensors which shows how this shows up:

Screenshot 2023-04-24 163347.png

Mine does the same, doesn't bother me because I use one in a basement hallway and another in a garage, both just to detect motion. I agree though it should be flipped.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, brians said:

Mine does the same, doesn't bother me because I use one in a basement hallway and another in a garage, both just to detect motion. I agree though it should be flipped.

I use mine to turn on lights when they are needed and off when they are not.

I created a bug report: https://github.com/home-assistant/core/issues/92001

• 3 weeks later...