eisy update packages.

mdarcy

I just got my eisy and have been trying to get it ready to restore from my isy.  I have read the WIKI and read the forum posts.  Thanks to all who provided this information.  I got to learn from your issues and experiences.  I do have a couple of questions, though.

Per the WIKI, I wanted to get the eisy updated before restoring my isy backup.  I tried to UPGRADE PACKAGES button.  The UI kept telling me the "eisy was in the middle of an upgrade" for almost 24 hours.  I found another thread that said to look a the log. I used PuTTY to  SSH into the eISY and looked at the log.  It seemed to be waiting on something(??!). Somebody suggested to kick off an upgrade with the single button press (1 press).  I tried that and nothing happened.  I tried the multi-function reboot (5 presses), nothing. I tried the multi-button shutdown ( 5 presses), nothing. Then I tried getting into the UI and tried Configuration/Reboot, nothing.  I finally unplugged the device and waited 5 minutes and plugged back in, cleared my Java cache and launched a UI session.  The session told me I needed to reboot.  This time, I used the REBOOT button under Configuration and it rebooted.  I am at 5.6.0 for both firmware and UI and it seems to be working. Is 5.6.0 the right Firmware/UI level? What am I doing wrong?  

Is there a trick to the multi function button presses?  There doesn't seem to be any confirmation that the eisy 'accepted' the command is processing it.  Is there something that would show a reboot/shutdown/upgrade progress? Do you have to rely on an SSH session? 

Once I understand how this works, I will feel more comfortable with this process. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, mdarcy said:

I just got my eisy and have been trying to get it ready to restore from my isy.  I have read the WIKI and read the forum posts.  Thanks to all who provided this information.  I got to learn from your issues and experiences.  I do have a couple of questions, though.

Per the WIKI, I wanted to get the eisy updated before restoring my isy backup.  I tried to UPGRADE PACKAGES button.  The UI kept telling me the "eisy was in the middle of an upgrade" for almost 24 hours.  I found another thread that said to look a the log. I used PuTTY to  SSH into the eISY and looked at the log.  It seemed to be waiting on something(??!). Somebody suggested to kick off an upgrade with the single button press (1 press).  I tried that and nothing happened.  I tried the multi-function reboot (5 presses), nothing. I tried the multi-button shutdown ( 5 presses), nothing. Then I tried getting into the UI and tried Configuration/Reboot, nothing.  I finally unplugged the device and waited 5 minutes and plugged back in, cleared my Java cache and launched a UI session.  The session told me I needed to reboot.  This time, I used the REBOOT button under Configuration and it rebooted.  I am at 5.6.0 for both firmware and UI and it seems to be working. Is 5.6.0 the right Firmware/UI level? What am I doing wrong?  

Is there a trick to the multi function button presses?  There doesn't seem to be any confirmation that the eisy 'accepted' the command is processing it.  Is there something that would show a reboot/shutdown/upgrade progress? Do you have to rely on an SSH session? 

Once I understand how this works, I will feel more comfortable with this process. 

The current version of firmware is 5.6.0, so you are on the most current version. There is no speaker on eisy, so yes, if you want to no what is going on, you need to open a ssh session and observe the log.

I also want to commend you, you were able to follow the instructions and troubleshooting path by reading the forum post, well done.

• Like 1