SMTP setting default. Get emails from eisy, but not to Tmobile as text

TheA2Z
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

Just migrated to eisy.  Trying to send alerts to cell using the @tmomail.net email address in the group settings.  I dont get the alert from eisy.

I do get the alert from eisy, if I send to my email address.

I also get the alerts on my cell, if I send from my email.  Just dont get them when sent from  eisy.

For my SMTP setting I checked use defauilt.

Anyone else had this problem and have a fix or work around?

@TheA2Z it has been discussed here that email to text is very unreliable. T-Mobile had been one of the last to have complaints, but it’s not suggested as a “best method” these days. Best options are UD Mobile alerts, notification node server and Pushover, or network resources and Pushover. 

it’s very possible that T-Mobile is filtering email to texts just like AT&T and VZW have been more so over the last few years. You can find a lot of discussion on the forums using the search or Google Site Search for the forums. 

• Solution

Email to text fails miserably. AT&T and Verizon have not worked in awhile.  Likely too many users reported the default sender, or some other anti-spam test is failing.  Move away from email to SMS.

1) I installed spark mail just so the ISY had is own email client on my phone.

2) I’ve also used Pushover with and without the notification nodeserver.

3) other option is using UD Mobile to send Push notifications.

all of these are faster and more reliable than email to SMS.

• Like 1

I prefer receiving texts rather than using Pushover and UD Mobile; however, it's just my personal preference.  Geddy and MrBill are absolutely right when they say texts are unreliable.  When they work, they work great for several weeks to a few months.  But then they randomly shut down for about 2 weeks or so.  For me, Verizon was not working at the end of March and beginning of April, but it's worked fine since then.

When I notice the texts not working, I change a variable so that the notifications go to UD Mobile (and texts).  When the texts start working again, I change the variable back.  My notifications are not critical - just informational.  If you do have critical ones, MrBill's suggestions appear to be tried and true.

Ross

• Like 1

I would add that after my migration to eisy I began using Telegram within the notification node server.  It's been a couple months now and has worked very well.  Not sure if you use iOS, but a bonus feature that I now probably couldn't live without is how well it integrates with carplay, it's nice to have the notification present and then siri read it to me.

• Like 1