Hue Light - HTTP error 400 : Device cannot be added to the spoken database

kstev
Go to solution Solved by bmercier,

I am trying to add my hue lights to Amazon Echo in the ISY portal.  I am getting an error message of HTTP error 400: Device cannot be added to spoken database (see screen shot below).  I tried different spoken words and all the Hue lights with the same error.

I am currently using an eisy with the Hue node server on the internal polyglot 3 server.  I can control the Hue lights (4 bulbs with 2 rooms/scenes) from Admin Console.  I am able to add Insteon devices successfully and can control them with the Echos. 

On my old ISY994 I was able to control, with Amazon Echos, my Hue lights with polyglot running on a raspberry pi.  This was over a year ago.  Not sure if anything changed since then with the newer hardware and Polyglot 3.

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.6f250d4ca7d44443f22a37761ec14463.png

Thanks @bmercier for the info, I was able to add the device to the voice commands in the portal.

I am having another issue when it comes to the Alexa's picking up the new devices.  If I ask Alexa to discover new devices (insteon and hue), they are not discovered (I can't find this discovery option in the Alexa app anymore).  If I disable the Smart Home V3 and enable/device discovery in the Alexa app, the recently added devices now show up.  Any idea what is happening here?

Also is there a list of device hints?  This is new to me from what I can recall.  

Edited by kstev

@kstev, for the time being Amazon still offers the Alexa site (https://alexa.amazon.com/) to reach the smarthome devices and at the bottom of that page it has a "Discover" button.  You might test by removing devices from that page then running discover from the page to see if they come back in. Note that any routines you have in Alexa with any deleted device might need to be recreated (or edited to put the device back in the routine).

Otherwise, I hadn't had any issues with Alexa discovering devices with vocal prompt, but I haven't added devices recently (maybe the past 6+ months). Could be a new "fix" from the Alexa team (that got fired) with limited support for new devices in 3rd party systems.

As for the hints - yeah, new to me too. Not sure why or what is needed there. Haven't ever tried to add devices from node servers since many of their own systems integrate with Alexa I didn't want to have random names for the same device. 

I think the API might have changed, which might mean @bmercier needs to update.   Specifically, when using Alexa with Home Assistant nothing special like "discover devices" needs to occur.  If I create a new HA entity I just see an immediate notification from the Alexa app on my phone that the new entity had been added and is now recognized.