Nodeserver Store PG3 and multiple UUIDs

Hi,

I use and enjoy my ISY and Polisy every day.

Wanted to purchase Yolink nodeserver but was confused about where/to which device, a license would be bound.  See below.

I have an ISY 994 in production and Polisy as test mule on the same network.  PG3 running on Polisy. - Under PG3 Version 3.1.2,  ISY tab, see both devices with their respective UUIDs.  Installed trial Yolink nodeserver on both ISY and Polisy.  Works on both.

Chose ISY in PG3, went to nodeserver store to purchase Yolink license, was presented with a pop up with (correct) ISY UUID and description of Yolink version to be purchased.  Clicked through to logon to ISY Portal and was then presented with popup Paypal for UUID of POLISY -NOT- the UUID of ISY (can see both ISY an Polisy in portal below/under popup window)  I cannot edit this popup window to change UUID or select different device.  Confused.  Started fresh to make sure I was choosing ISY, not Polisy before starting, same result.

Is a nodeserver license tied to the UUID of the device where it is being used (ISY for me) or is it OK to be tied to the UUID of the server machine (Polisy in my case)?  What am I doing wrong?

Your help and education will be appreciated.

2 hours ago, whywork said:

Wanted to purchase Yolink nodeserver but was confused about where/to which device, a license would be bound. 

The license is bound to the Polisy Polyglot instance. It is not tied to a specific ISY/IoP instance. If the Polyglot uses the ISY994 in the ISY setup area then it will push the nodes to the existing ISY994.

Since node servers aren't "installed" on the ISY then being able to see the ISY994 UUID is insignificant as you want to install it on your Polisy, but just make sure it's using the ISY994 as your active ISY/IoX instance. 

I don't have a Polisy so can't send screen shots, but in PG3x I have "IoX Configuration". Making sure your production ISY994 is checked in there and all node servers should target the ISY994 to send information. 

image.png

The license is bound to the Polisy (or eisy) UUID.  This is a hardware ID and will be valid as long as you're using that specific Polisy/eisy.

If you had 5 i994's, you could install the node server on any/all of them.

Once you have the license it's good for installing on the i994 and the later you can install it on the IoX running on the Polisy using the same license.

The target ISY/IoX info displayed before you purchase the license isn't really meaningful.  PG3 is using the same dialog box for the purchase and for the install, so it's only when installing that the target ISY/IoX means anything.  I can see how that might be confusing so I'll see if I can make it less so.