No "Install" button, only "update"

gldixon
Go to solution Solved by bmercier,

I meet the requirements: PG3x, EISY firmware 5.6.0, PG3 Remote connection is enabled in ISY Portal.

I went ahead and purchased it for the $9.

However I cannot seem to install it from PG3x. I have 2 x buttons: 

• 1.0.5 Standard Trial Free /per 10 day - 'Activate' - that button does nothing
  • 1.0.5 Standard Perpetual $ 9 - 'Update' - that button just pops a dialog of info about the node

How do I install it to Eisy?

• Solution
Just now, gldixon said:

I meet the requirements: PG3x, EISY firmware 5.6.0, PG3 Remote connection is enabled in ISY Portal.

I went ahead and purchased it for the $9.

However I cannot seem to install it from PG3x. I have 2 x buttons: 

• 1.0.5 Standard Trial Free /per 10 day - 'Activate' - that button does nothing
  • 1.0.5 Standard Perpetual $ 9 - 'Update' - that button just pops a dialog of info about the node

How do I install it to Eisy?

Try this URL in a browser:

https://<your eisy>:3000/frontend/cloudlink

Make sure that <your eisy> is the same IP or hostname that you are using to access PG3

This URL should give you an error.

Then try again the Authenticate button

Not sure why the Update button would pop info about the node though.

Benoit

• Thanks 1

Thank you @bmercier. That indeed fixed the issue. That URL gave me a 'Not Found' then I went back to PG3 and hard refreshed (just in case) and went through 'My Purchases' and then there was a button for 'Install' against the $9. The node is installed and I authenticated no issue. Problem solved. Thank you!

On 5/16/2023 at 5:46 AM, bmercier said:

Try this URL in a browser:

https://<your eisy>:3000/frontend/cloudlink

Make sure that <your eisy> is the same IP or hostname that you are using to access PG3

This URL should give you an error.

Then try again the Authenticate button

Not sure why the Update button would pop info about the node though.

Benoit

What "Authenticate" button? I have the exact same problem as @gldixon. Tried your steps, but there is no "Authenticate" button. There is the "Activate" button for the Trail. Which I didn't install, I purchased the node server straight away, and there is a "Update" that doesn't do anything other than show information about the node server with no "Install Update" button inside that pop-up. 

TRI0N

2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

The authenticate button is on the node server details page.

image.thumb.png.4e0ad7972913884e27672d441b63e748.png

The node server does not appear in the dashboard to even see that. Yes, I've rebooted and restart PG3 and eisy, several times.

Dashboard:
image.thumb.png.1a870dfaeabe80397c5bfa7594c879d7.png

Purchases (Re-Install):
image.png.b3cb26b000f95b7bf7e4073a6e8de645.png

Update: Pop-Up
image.png.020a7ce0a0dd6186f06350f59a3a4017.png

TRI0N

Edited by TRI0N
2 hours ago, bpwwer said:

If it's not on the dashboard then you haven't installed it.

Go to the Node Server Store, select Ring and select Install.

Thought that was what I did in the start. I guess it never installed after purchase.

Thanks,

TRI0N

@TRI0N It can be hard to figure out what someone did/didn't do from forum posts so a big thanks for posting the screen shots.

With the next release of PG3(x) the purchases page button will display either "Update" or "Install".  Update when the node server is installed and Install when it is not.  I'm hoping that clears up some of the confusion the exising (re-install) button causes.