Are there any mmWave sensors that work with isy?

This looks interesting. It has a bunch of sensors, including a mmWave sensor.  Reportedly it supports HomeKit/Matter and Home Assistant (among others)  Might not work very well on an outlet hidden behind a couch or low on the wall.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/intecular/invisoutlet?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-1

image.thumb.png.c5328a05a055478838ece622217605cb.png

image.thumb.png.31b6c42dbff2341fc7af29ae95b13b11.png

image.thumb.png.4c7cd36d1f103ba47d8cac9ae1bb88d6.png

Edited by elvisimprsntr
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, elvisimprsntr said:

This looks interesting. It has a bunch of sensors, including a mmWave sensor.  Reportedly it supports HomeKit/Matter and Home Assistant (among others)  Might not work very well on an outlet hidden behind a couch or low on the wall.  

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/intecular/invisoutlet?ref=recommendation-projectpage-footer-1

image.thumb.png.c5328a05a055478838ece622217605cb.png

image.thumb.png.31b6c42dbff2341fc7af29ae95b13b11.png

image.thumb.png.4c7cd36d1f103ba47d8cac9ae1bb88d6.png

That's an awesome project, thanks for bringing it up.  I just help fund for the qty 4 level.

I have a couple aqara fp2 and they work fine in home assistant via homekit bridge. They say will support matter in future so when Iox supports that it could work possibly.

There lots of options for Home Assistant and could even make your own using an ESP32 and mm wave board for maybe $20-30 total. 

On 5/26/2023 at 2:58 PM, brians said:

I have a couple aqara fp2 and they work fine in home assistant via homekit bridge. They say will support matter in future so when Iox supports that it could work possibly.

There lots of options for Home Assistant and could even make your own using an ESP32 and mm wave board for maybe $20-30 total. 

Does home assistant work with isy?  Is there a poly for it?

10 hours ago, Blackbird said:

Does home assistant work with isy?  Is there a poly for it?

There is a Home  Assistant Integration for ISY....  it works VERY well for pulling Insteon Nodes, Z-wave nodes, variables, network resources, and program triggers and controls into Home Assistant.  There is some very basic support that will pull in some nodes created by node servers but mostly not... those node servers probably exist as HA integrations tho.

@shbatm maintains the Home Assistant Universal Devices integration and it has an entire forum section here.

• Like 2
21 hours ago, Blackbird said:

Thanks guys.  So the aqara fp2 could turn my insteon lights on for example, using the home assistant integration?

For discussions such as this i would recommend that you type "Home Assistant Aqara fp2" into google.  However if it is supported by HA then yes you can have it turn on via the ISY integration.

22 hours ago, Blackbird said:

Thanks guys.  So the aqara fp2 could turn my insteon lights on for example, using the home assistant integration?

The Home Assistant integration doesn't bring it into ISY, rather it brings ISY into Home Assistant. You then do your automations/control in Home Assistant for these type of things. It is up to you how far  you want to take it... some use a combination of keeping ISY running programs, and use Home Assistant only for certain things... but I eventually made the decision to move all programs over from ISY and replicate their function using Home Assistant Automations. ISY/Polisy is just for Insteon now.

And Yes the FP2 works in Home Assistant but not natively, you use the HomeKit Controller integration in Home Assistant which emulates a HomeKit server, and you pair your devices to it instead of real homekit.... here is mine... (note I have other things paired also).

image.png.d9a3126d0ebd4861cb870d385e07bf16.png

Then it brings in Entities depending on how many zones you define in the app... I renamed mine and my wife's to tell if we are sitting in our spot on couch as a test LOL.

Would be easy to make an automation that turns on an Insteon light (or any other device/entitity in Home Assistant), or could do things like notifications etc.

image.png.0c3c5930d10b1587a3ee014da9be9d01.png

Here is history of my seat so you can get an idea how works... I find sometimes it goes clear if I am sitting and the zones drift around a bit and are not fully accurate for something as small as a  chair... the FP2 does not work as good as some of the videos you see on youtube (wonder how much they got paid), but I would say it would work good if you want to detect someone in larger areas around a room.

image.png.1a060cf7dc55ffd083e252103e477668.png

FP2 is supposed to support matter in a future upgrade, and if it does properly it is possible it may work with IoX and ZMatter similarly.