Open Weather values

I have implemented my first node server, Open weather. All went well, it shows nodes in my eisy. However I must be doing something incorrect because all values are the same: zeros. Would like to be directed to more information to make this work please. 

image.thumb.png.614794d1ca83cc8ff83093c8a15b5d60.pngimage.thumb.png.614794d1ca83cc8ff83093c8a15b5d60.png

If after a restart / reboot things still are not working...

It is possible that you may have exceed the total number of calls allowed via the free API plan. Other than a configuration issue that is the only other reason I can think of that would preclude you from receiving data. As i recall you are limited to 1000 calls per day. So if you have the NS set to retrieve 7 days worth of data that is 135 calls. If you have hit restart a few times you may have exceeded the daily maximum.

I would double check everything from the API key to the NS configuration, I doubt you have actually exceeded the daily limit since you can't seem to get any data, but I wanted to mention it. It's most likely a configuration issue.

If it's the daily limit, then waiting 24 hours will resolve your problems.

Welp thanks for the suggestions. I rebooted everything and now I cant even login to the PG3, just like I couldn't before. It seems I cant get anything to work here without hours and hours of trouble. I wondering if it's just me or if these systems just don't work that well. 

Anyway I guess I will try again tomorrow. 

PG3 has dependencies on other components on the system and if those aren't yet fully operational when PG3 tries to start, it can cause login failures.

There are a few different reasons why logging in can fail.

1) Clicking the login button and nothing happens.  This usually means that the component that does actual authentication check is not working right.  This could be because it isn't fully started yet or it could mean it has hung.  If it isn't fully started, it should eventually and then things will work.  If it's hung, the only solution is to reboot the system

2) Clicking the login button and an error 401/unauthorized message pops up.  This happens when the component that does the authentication returns something other than success. Most likely because the username or password is incorrect.

3) Clicking the log in button and an unknown error message pops up.  This happens if PG3 is unable to connect to the component to do the authentication.  It may not be running or it failed while starting up.  The only solution is to reboot the system.

thanks for the info. My problem is your 1) nothing happens. I rebooted everything, system, computer and still nothing happens. I went back to my topic on this from last week and I set a new password. Still nothing. It's strange because just yesterday I was logging in, working in PG3, I installed the open weather, all this. now I just cant access it anymore.

This thread is probably not the right place to continue working your login issue.  But if a reboot doesn't help, then you'll probably have to submit a ticket.  It may be that something failed during an update and is now not working properly.

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same a few days ago, no data coming in, able to query the OpenWeather server via HTML thru a browser and receive data. 

After reboots and so forth, I gave up, went to bed, went to work, and it was working when I came home. 

Dunno why. 

Have another look after a few days. Seems to help. 

Scott

• 3 weeks later...

Having the same issue, but I notice from the logs:

query:_get_weather_data: request = http://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?exclude=minutely,hourly&lon=<longitude>&lat=<latitude>&units=imperial&appid=<API ID>

query:_get_weather_data: {'cod': 401, 'message': 'Invalid API key. Please see https://openweathermap.org/faq#error401 for more info.'}

If I substitute "onecall" in the request for "weather" or "forecast" I get data returned

• 1 month later...

The query to the OpenWeather server is failing.  If you turn on debug level logging, it should show what URL it is using to do the query and you can paste that into a browser address bar and see what the server is returning.  My guess is that it's an invalid API key.   

OpenWeather seems to have a couple of different types of API keys and they aren't interchangeable.

Having the same issue with not displaying data although connected. My original issue was that I hadn't subscribed to "onecall".  I did that, generated a new key, installed it and restarted all of the services.  What am I doing wrong?

You seem to be correct.  I've deleted and recreated a new API key. I now see error code 400.  

2023-08-20 13:00:55,840 Thread-23 udi_interface DEBUG query:_get_weather_data: {'cod': '400', 'message': 'Nothing to geocode'}
2023-08-20 13:00:55,840 Thread-23 udi_interface DEBUG query:_get_weather_data: {'cod': '400', 'message': 'Nothing to geocode'}
2023-08-20 13:00:55,840 Thread-23 udi_interface ERROR query:query_onecall: Onecall data query failed
2023-08-20 13:00:55,840 Thread-23 udi_interface ERROR query:query_onecall: Onecall data query failed

1 hour ago, jdlugosh said:

Having the same issue with not displaying data although connected. My original issue was that I hadn't subscribed to "onecall".  I did that, generated a new key, installed it and restarted all of the services.  What am I doing wrong?

You seem to be correct.  I've deleted and recreated a new API key. I now see error code 400.  

geocode sounds like it may be referring to location.  Make sure you have a valid location configured.