ZMatter antenna assembly?

kurelgyer
Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

It's a bit frustrating to have to ask such a simple question, as there is not documentation I can find on it.

I just received the usb ZMatter dongle.  How am I supposed to know which antenna is ZWave and which is Zigbee?

The wiki link for Eisy / Zmatter takes you to an ISY 99/994 page that has nothing to do with Eisy / Zmatter.  The main page "Quick Links" has info for Getting Started with the ISY994 and Polisy - no mention of the Eisy.  It seems there is more mention of the ISY 99 than the Eisy.  Documentation and Wiki are sorely outdated.

• Solution
12 minutes ago, kurelgyer said:

It's a bit frustrating to have to ask such a simple question, as there is not documentation I can find on it.

I just received the usb ZMatter dongle.  How am I supposed to know which antenna is ZWave and which is Zigbee?

The wiki link for Eisy / Zmatter takes you to an ISY 99/994 page that has nothing to do with Eisy / Zmatter.  The main page "Quick Links" has info for Getting Started with the ISY994 and Polisy - no mention of the Eisy.  It seems there is more mention of the ISY 99 than the Eisy.  Documentation and Wiki are sorely outdated.

I have attached the instructions for installing the USB ZMatter dongle.

Here is the link for migration instructions:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Migration

Read through the instructions, it contains information for ISY994 & Polisy migration and for eisy.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

ZMatter-Assembly- Instructions.pdf

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, DennisC said:

I have attached the instructions for installing the USB ZMatter dongle.

Here is the link for migration instructions:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Eisy:User_Guide#Migration

Read through the instructions, it contains information for ISY994 & Polisy migration and for eisy.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

ZMatter-Assembly- Instructions.pdf 347.81 kB · 0 downloads

Only the .pdf applied to my issue.  How is one supposed to find this important information?  I spent over an hour fruitlessly searching so that I wouldn't get flamed for not searching myself.

6 minutes ago, kurelgyer said:

Only the .pdf applied to my issue.  How is one supposed to find this important information?  I spent over an hour fruitlessly searching so that I wouldn't get flamed for not searching myself.

I realize the pdf was what you were asking about. I supplied the migration link in case you needed it.

Instructions were provided on the board when the ZMatter dongle came out. I also seem to remember receiving instructions in the bag when I purchased the dongle.

• Thanks 1

There were no instructions with my ZMatter dongle.  Just the product and antennas in the box.  I saw the color coding on the antennas, but without instructions they were meaningless.

Thanks DennisC for that .pdf.  It really needs to be placed correctly on the wiki.