Help With A Program

dbuss
Go to solution Solved by dbuss,

The program below is for locking the garage entry door and turning off the garage lights when the garage door is closed. If the garage door is closed after being opened, the program works as intended. However, if the garage door is already closed and the garage entry door is unlocked, the program does not run. It recognizes the garage entry door being unlocked. But it will not run the "Then" part of the program.

What do I need to do to fix this?

Garage Door Closed - [ID 0017][Parent 0001]

If
       -(
       |     'ZW 018 Garage Door' Status is Closed
       | And 'Garage Entry Door-Closed' Status is On
       | And 'ZY 159 Garage Entry Door Lock' Status is Unlocked
       -)

Then
        Wait  2 minutes 
        Set 'ZY 159 Garage Entry Door Lock' Lock
        Set 'Garage Lights' Off

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thank you!

Looks to me  like the trigger to run the program is the garage door closing. I don't see a trigger for running then if the garage door is already closed.

What criteria do you want to lock the door, if the door is closed and not locked? Do you want a wait period before turning the light off and locking the door? Is it possible you need the light on in the garage for awhile, possibly while working in the garage?

Maybe use another program or consider using a variable as a trigger?

9 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Looks to me  like the trigger to run the program is the garage door closing. I don't see a trigger for running then if the garage door is already closed.

What criteria do you want to lock the door, if the door is closed and not locked? Do you want a wait period before turning the light off and locking the door? Is it possible you need the light on in the garage for awhile, possibly while working in the garage?

Hi Dennis,

I thought it had to be something with the trigger and appreciate your help.

Here is what I would like to accomplish.

1. If I open the garage door, I would like the program to turn the garage lights off and lock the garage entry door two minutes after the garage door closes.

2. If the garage entry door is unlocked, I would like the the garage lights turned off and the garage entry door locked two minutes after the garage entry door in unlocked.

I may change the wait times.

Thnak you!

• Solution
1 hour ago, DennisC said:

@DennisC

I think I've solved the problem, thanks to the questions you asked. I already had a program to turn the garage lights on if the garage entry door was unlocked. I added a wait time and then turned off the garage lights and locked the garage entry door.

I already have a program that if the light switch is turned on manually, the programs are disabled for an hour for those instances when I want to be in the garage longer than the wait time in the program..

Thank you fro the assistance!

Edited by dbuss