Elk Navigator Keypad Screen and Log Messages

pjjameso
Go to solution Solved by Jimbo.Automates,

Would like to setup a notification whenever there is a message on my keypad which is the Navigator model. The default screen shows Transmitter Low Battery, the log shows the specific zone and message.

Any method to pull this information and setup a notification?  Tried to attach screenshots but uploads seem slow today.

Would this require new fields on the keypad node by Jimbo?

Edited by pjjameso
More information

You are welcome, yes, you would have to add them all.  There is no way I'm aware of to pull the message sent tot he keypad or log.  Someday I could possibly automate creating programs like this but I don't think ELK gives us the info on which zones are wireless...

To save some typing, here is the subject:

${sys.program.#.name}

and the body:

Box Tamper:              ${sys.node.#.GV11}
Transmitter Low Battery: ${sys.node.#.GV12}
Security Alert:          ${sys.node.#.GV13}
Lost Transmitter:        ${sys.node.#.GV14}
Fire:                    ${sys.node.#.GV15}

That's odd, it shouldn't happen with the UD Mobile, when did you first install the notification node server?  The only way I can think of that would cause this would be if the node server was installed when it had the UD Mobile feature added but before your IoX version was 5.6.2.

To fix it.  In the admin console, delete the UD Mobile node.  In the PG3 UI restart the notification node server, wait for the UD Mobile node to show back up, then in the admin console "Update" that line in the program, and save it.

• Solution

That's perfect!  Didn't realize the Polisy would need a reboot.  Good to know.

When the actual node triggers the program the # will be replaced with the actual node.  But now I realize we should probably change the subject to include the node name that triggered it.

${sys.program.#.name} ${sys.node.#.name}

Looks like we are all set! One further question, does your new notification schema mean that we dont need to bother with network resources/pushover any longer? Would best practice be to convert everything over to UD Mobile?

Just now, pjjameso said:

Looks like we are all set! One further question, does your new notification schema mean that we dont need to bother with network resources/pushover any longer? Would best practice be to convert everything over to UD Mobile?

I am at this moment in the process of converting almost all of my notifications from Pushover & NR's using Notification NS into UD Mobile with System Customizations.

I have  feature requests for @Javi and @bmercier that would make my conversion perfect

1. Allow High priority messages which ring thru on DND and are highlighted in the notification 
  2. Allow sending with fixed width fonts, makes it easier to line up text
  3. Allow sending formatted messages in HTML or Markdown or ? (This would eliminate the need for #2)
  4. Allow Android Auto/Car Play to show messages. (This is the only reason I use telegram)

• Thanks 1

Okay, Im back again... So I have one zone that is showing a low battery value of true. I ran the If statement and am still getting a # symbol (subject and body) for the zone number. Is something else going awry? 

image.thumb.png.81ccfce499fc9f6714a97e185d23c04f.png

image.thumb.png.0d5dbcc6b14feae1212193449818a4ee.png