Slight delay

MarkJames

So I got my eISY and am migrating from my ISY994.  It's been a little tricky - partly because of the DHCP requirement of the ISY, partly because I had to change my PLM and I have some 109 Insteon devices to update.  Admin console seems to load faster so that's nice.  I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of native support for Elk.  The plugin that replaces it is more robust - I'm not sure if it will be more stable - and frankly I think that the plugin should have been included for legacy users who were already extensively making use of Elk support.  With the loss of native Elk I now have to rewrite dozens of programs to use the plugin.

Anyways, be that as it may I'm a bit confused by what seems to be a bit of a lag between writing programs to the eISY and having them 'go online'.  The ISY994 would accept 'save changes' to programs and within moments they were functional.  With the eISY I find that I write changes and they don't go into effect for a 'while' (vague term, I know).  It caught me the first few times because I thought the programs just weren't working but it turns out they worked - just 'not yet'.

Is this a thing?  Is there a delay that I should be expecting going forward?

Thanks

I havent noticed any delays in my programs once they're saved. All of mine ran instantly when testing. 

There are alot of users of the ELK nodeserver. The Elk nodeserver channel on here will give you a great chance to see what others are experiencing to know whether or not it's stable enough for your needs. 

I assume the charge for the new ELK nodeserver is due to it being a much more robust system. With the additional capabilities added, its pretty much a whole new system. Nodeservers and modules are the same thing just by a different name. UDI has commented that this is the path they're taking. At some point, Insteon and zwave will be nodeservers as well. 

Interesting that you don't experience the lag as I do.  It may be that my system is seeing a lot of collisions and failed communications at the moment as I complete my migration.  Many devices didn't come across properly and so I've had to restore them one by one.  Once all the links and relationships are restored properly perhaps it will get more zippy.

The Elk is what it is.  The native option is sadly gone - I would have preferred that it remain and the Elk poly was a choice I could make rather than having it forced upon me.  The native support did everything I need other than access to the log which I wrote support for myself.   I launch a lot of programs based on doors/windows opening and closing, motion detected, and I arm/disarm my system from within the ISY.  I've been with ISY since the 99ir - easily 20 years or more - so much of my programming revolves around occupancy and motion within the home.

Time will tell if it's as stable :-)  

• 1 month later...

Reading about this and plenty of other posted experiences make me reluctant to upgrade. I too have used UD since the i99 and since then I've had several disasters. It takes a lot to keep things going. I'm not really seeing why the upgrade to eisy is really worth the trouble and >$500 to get zwave as well.