eISY OpenADR production certificate

jtara92101
Go to solution Solved by Michel Kohanim,

I'd like to better understand the add-on OpenADR Production Certificate.

I've moved to a new (old) home, and want to order an eISY as a replacement for my existing ISY994i and Polisy.

(As well, I've a developer, and interested in what I can do in the super-niche area of steam heat... perhaps some AI to model house heat gain/loss, see if there's some way to optimize use of a steam heating system in conjunction with a heat pump (currently, no A/C, heat pump might be more economical just to "take the chill out" in spring/fall), remote-adjustable air valves, etc. My electric utility just started TOU billing so interested in high-level management of loads).

Anyway, I've got a meter that I'm unsure if I can read with eISY, will get to that in a sec.

My main concern is, I want to get the eISY ordered, and uncertain exactly what to order.

Is eisy | OpenADR just eisy with a production certificate? Is OpenADR capability able to be added later by adding a production certificate? Is any add-on hardware needed to communicate with a meter?

I notice there's a (small) discount ordering eisy | OpenADR vs adding certificate later, though that's not a big concern.

Maybe somebody can comment on my meter, while we're at it:

OpenWay by Itron, Centron. CL200 240V 3W TYPE C2S0D 30TA 1 OKh, dated 9/11

FCC ID 5K9AMI5JC-AMI6, MODULE: AMI6

Utility is DTE (Michigan). Does the utility have to do something, or do I have to get some code or certificate or something from them?

Anything needed to add to this? Advisable to wait for ZMater USB to be out of beta? I've got a ton of Insteon, some of which I will use, some Hue bulbs and strips, a little bit of Wiz, want to explore WLED. a few Sonoff S31 that I haven't flashed yet that I've been using to measure critical and constant loads (generator or battery still a necessity in the offing, welcome to Michigan!)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Michael. Good to know it's just a software entitlement/download.

I found this:

https://www.dteenergy.com/us/en/insight/insight-features.html

Energy Bridge is a ZigBee dongle that provides real-time data directly from the meter.

I'll check with DTE to see if I'm eligible.

Can eISY talk to the bridge? OpenADR is for this, or for talking to an Internet API?

Looks like they are using this (Powerley) bridge currently. And I came across threads talking about connecting to it with Home Assistant. So, assume I'll be able to talk to it once I get one.

https://csa-iot.org/csa_product/energy-bridge-2/

There's a reasonable $1.99/mo subscription fee.

Thinking this has nothing to do with OpenADR - which is a separate concern, right?