ISY goes offline unexpectedly

mfbrin

About every 3-4 days, the ISY seems to go down for between 1 and 15 minutes, and then comes online.  Then it takes about a day for all of the switches to operate correctly.  On the UD App, I get a "now offline" and then a "now online".  I am setup with a PLM and Z-wave card.  I looked at the Log, and all it has is "Start" in the log column when it is coming online again.  Is there any reason for this type of behavoir?

Thanks

6 hours ago, mfbrin said:

About every 3-4 days, the ISY seems to go down for between 1 and 15 minutes, and then comes online.  Then it takes about a day for all of the switches to operate correctly.  On the UD App, I get a "now offline" and then a "now online".  I am setup with a PLM and Z-wave card.  I looked at the Log, and all it has is "Start" in the log column when it is coming online again.  Is there any reason for this type of behavoir?

Thanks

Which log have you checked, the event viewer or error log? If you haven't, try checking the error log.

Start does make it seem like you're looking at the error log, but what should be of interest to you is what is before the Start.  i.e. what caused the reboot.    If you're not looking at the error log then yes that's what you need to analyze.  if you're having trouble reading it post a few days worth of it.

Interesting that the there's nothing happening before the reboots. 

First, Please make sure you have a current ISY backup even if you choose to ignore the rest of this post.

There's really only two things that ever die on a 994, the power supply and the MicroSD card.  (well the 3rd being the Ethernet port gets hosed by a surge but we can cross that off the list.)  

I'd try a new power supply first.  You can try any power supply that outputs anywhere between 5 volt and 30 volts,center positive, 2mm barrel connector.  

For a MicroSD card, buy 32gb as it's the largest a 994 will support and the 32gb will be less expensive than 16GB or less.  Also look for the newer A1 Rating (A2 is ok, but the ISY994 doesn't have the hardware component required to utilize A2).

When replacing the MicroSD card, you must first load the firmware file for whatever firmware you are on.  Use Help > Manually upgrade ISY.  (The bootloader that gets the ISY online with a new card is not a full version of the firmware, nor is it current).  After the reboot following new firmware then restore your ISY backup.