isy to polisy migration zwave locks and repeaters won't interview

brockp

I'm upgrading to Polisy off ISY.

All instion went fine, but Zwave is giving me issues.

The primary issues are getting devices off placeholder:

2 Aeotek repeaters (I can probably remove and read)

The main pain is 3 schlage locks.  I'm not sure how to wake them up. I operate the bolt etc and get no progress when doing Update with Interview.

Any thoughts how I can get them back in without doing factory resets?  Prefer to not redo all the user codes and walk through all programs an update them.

Sure I followed the instructions from the wiki:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Polisy:User_Guide#Migrating_from_994_to_Polisy

I restored from backup to the Polisy and then did ZWave restore to the ZMatter board, insteon works without issue as I just moved the PLM.

All the other ZWave devices returned from placeholder, outlets, some lights etc.

The only ones that did not were the locks (I don't know the real process to 'wake up'

And the repeaters.  Again nothing in the aeotech docs says about waking up.  The only thing I could think of is excluding and re-adding.  Not a big deal for repeaters, more of a pain for locks because they are in programs etc.

As for trying to add them I use as in the instructions zwave -> Synchronize -> update with interview.

And it times out without any progress.  Doesn't mater if I push buttons on the door, or run the door lock out (which would normally update it's status).  One funny thing I noticed was that if I do run the deadbolt in and out the timeout on the interview increases.  Still never resolves.

Few things for my Schlage deadbolts in the interview process with eISY and zmater unit.

o I took 2 locks out of the doors and hung them on a camera tripod 3 inches away from Zwave antenna. You could get the same results if you could get Polisy near lock.

o I woke them up by opening them with a one of the user codes at the

After this process, I may have had to do a reset on locks to get it to properly extend and and retract the bolt. After the reset I had to reenter user codes but the other programming and links stayed.

For security reasons, ZWave locks typically do not allow inclusion through a repeater and has to be done direct to the ZWave controller initially, after that they will work fine. By moving to the EISY they actually get re-interviewed/re-included into the new ZMatter controller so that may be the issue.

The Schlage Connect locks didn't work even if I put the Polisy right next to them.  I ended up excluding them and re-including them.  This works perfectly and luckily my user codes do not appear to have been lost at all.

I just need to update all the programs now that used them.

Same with the repeaters never worked, just exclude include worked just fine.  Weird, zwave continues to disappointment compared to Insteon with just being flaky, just too bad it doesn't have the legs and all the accessories available.

Thanks, everyone for your suggestions.