ISY delays in rest calls

15 hours ago, bpwwer said:

Ahh, I think I now understand better. I was not understanding where the delay was happening before and I think I do now.

For the simple case of:  if trigger then scene command it should be similar for all systems.  There could be differences in the time between the actual trigger and the system detecting the trigger, but once the system (HS, HA, or IoX) detects the trigger there should not be any delay between sending the scene command.

Maybe we've just looked at too many different things here and I'm  now confused :)

Going back to your initial post, it looks like that does not involve any Insteon scenes, just two devices.  This is what I see there:

device 32 86 20 sends a DON 1.  When HA detects that it calls IoX to send a DON to device 50 D1 7F.

From the pyISY timestamps, there's a delay between when the command is sent and the response is received.  Question: This delay is also visible in 50 D1 7F's behavior?  I.E. you see the send logged and 1.5 seconds later you see the light change state when the response is received?

If this is an accurate description of the issue, then I'm not sure we can debug farther as the IoX doesn't seem to log with enough precision.  We don't know when in the 1.5 second window, the IoX is sending the command to the PLM.

It could be sending the command immediately and is then waiting 1.5 seconds for a response from the device.  Or it could be waiting for incoming messages from the PLM to be processed before sending the command to device.

I don't remember if you said you can reproduce this with an IoX program in place of the HA automation or not.  If you can, document the devices and open a ticket.  That should be enough for someone to reproduce this in a IoX debug environment. 

Yeah, sorry, it's confusing and perhaps I tried to give too many details too quickly (I tend to do that). I originally thought it was the REST API causing the delay, but now I think it's the ISY itself (for whatever reason, good or bad).

So, I will say that there is a definite delay of 1.5s for the light to turn on. I have been able to reproduce with a program.

When Door X Opens, turn on Light Y

I recreated the scenario back in the ISY. without having MS it's hard to actually tell how fast the ISY is actually doing anything. I can tell you the light takes about 1-1.5s to turn on. Even making that .5s would be a huge improvement.

in the logs I have
50.DB.65 is the light
47.FA.62 is the door switch.

(I can recreate the scene issue if need be as well, but this is just easier to set up while I'm working).

Attached are the logs. Where can I submit a support request?

ISY-Events-Log.v5.6.3__Tue 2023.08.01 09.47.29 AM.txt