Anyone get a Aqara zigbee device connected to Eisy?

TheA2Z
Go to solution Solved by TheA2Z,

Upgraded to 5.6.4 and tried to pair a Aqara Motion (Not P1).  No luck.

Anyone get any Aqara device connected to Eisy yet?  Wondering if I should get the newer Aqara Motion P1 device instead.  But before I buy, checking if anyone got an Aqara zigbee device connected yet?

• Solution

Update: I opened a Ticket as I could not get an Aqara motion or P1 motion to work with eisy.  Response was Aqara requires their own hub and is proprietary.  UD is not sure if they will ever be able to get those devices to connect.

UD recommended the ThirdReality Motion as they have tested with it, so I ordered one from Amazon.

Installed new Third Reality Zigbee motion on eisy.  One node installed no problem.  Works great and cheap too ($16.99 on Amazon)  Ordered two more. https://a.co/d/f6I7sMb

The Zwave motions are an arm and a leg mainly as they put other features in them like Temp, Lux, etc.  These cheap just motion detector zigbee devices are the way to go if you dont need all the other stuff.

• Like 1
On 8/17/2023 at 2:37 PM, TheA2Z said:

Update: I opened a Ticket as I could not get an Aqara motion or P1 motion to work with eisy.  Response was Aqara requires their own hub and is proprietary.  UD is not sure if they will ever be able to get those devices to connect.

UD recommended the ThirdReality Motion as they have tested with it, so I ordered one from Amazon.

Well that’s disappointing for sure. Not sure aquara devices are proprietary as stated? I have a HA yellow with built in zigbee coordinator and all aquara devices work without an aquara hub with no issue on HA?

• 3 weeks later...

I can get a Aqara motion sensor detected by IoX but all IoX gives me in the Admin Console is "Unavailable".  My eisy is running eisy (5226) with IoX running 5.6.4.  When I try and run (from the Admin Console) "Identify" nothing happens, and when I try and Query, I get an error message.  The log shows an error for the ZB 8385.1 entry which I'm guessing is when I did the initial Interview with the device, but no greater detail.  This is a MS-S02 model (from the label on the bottom of the sensor).  The box it came in states that a Aqara hub is needed.  I'll probably send these back to Amazon if a hub is required which is a bummer as I like the ~ 2 year battery life and the size of them is very small.  I was hoping to use these under my soffits outdoors so the 2 year battery is a real plus since I need a ladder to change batteries.  Some of the other suggested MSs don't offer the same battery life or the small size.  

For some reason it can take 10-15 tries to get the Aqara devices to pair.  We initially thought based on their documentation that they wouldn't pair at all but we managed it with their motion sensor.

In the new 5.7 build there is additional support (occupancy cluster) that may make these motion sensors more useful in IoX. You can give the Aqara a try and see if it meets your needs.