2 Home Assistant instances connecting to 1 eISY

NA06

I have 2 Home Assistant servers. One has all my switching, lighting, outlets, etc. which includes z-wave devices and eISY integration.

I am using a second Home Assistant server for all my environmental stuff - temperatures, air quality, sprinklers, water valves, charts, pc monitors, etc. having it all on 1 instance would overwork a single HA instance

I have z-wave leak sensors on the instance that also has all the environmental stuff, but I also have Insteon leak sensors on the first instance. 

Can I connect to the eISY with the second instance just for the leak sensors? I will not be controlling anything else on the eisy with the second instance.

FYI- no z-wave on the eISY, just powerline switches and wireless sensors and remotes

Edited by NA06
17 hours ago, NA06 said:

having it all on 1 instance would overwork a single HA instance

What are you running HA on? I don't think you're going to 'overwork' it, but you may be over complicating things by trying to manage 2 instances if that's the only reason for separating.

For example from mine:

Screenshot_20230816_152632_HomeAssistant.thumb.jpg.47ecab42e68507a1dbdb2d1d2d3dfc5e.jpg

But otherwise, there should be no issues with two different HA instances connecting to 1 eisy.

• Like 2