Problem with portal migration

Eric
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

Almost made it with going to the EISY from 944.   I think I'm just not getting to the internet from the new eisy.   Everything in the house seems to work,  and I can operate things from the admin console in the eisy.   Unfortunately,  Amazon Echo is not working,  and when I try to migrate the portal licenses I can see both the old 944 and the new eisy.   I go to 944 and choose that and say 'migrate from'  and then select the eisy, and choose migrate to.  I get the warning that this can't be reversed,  but when I say OK,   I get a message that the EISY can't be found.

I presume that the EISY can't reach the UD server to migrate the license ?   How can I be sure that the EISY is on the internet ?   I might have to make changes in my router....I'm using DHCP on my network,  but how do I make sure the EISY is set up to go out ?

• Solution

@Eric best to submit a ticket to UDI to get this fixed with you. 

https://www.universal-devices.com/my-tickets

First make sure you're following the steps here:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY_Portal_Migrate_configurations_to_a_new_ISY

I suspect you might have a license on the eisy. Bullet bolded below says not to have it licensed or only have a trial. If you've got a license on the eisy you will need UDI to help complete the migration.

ISY Portal Access license:

Your ISY Portal Access license can be migrated only if:

• Your existing ISY has an access license and is not expired
  • Your new ISY is not licensed, or has been licensed with a trial only.

Once migrated, you will see the purchase history of your previous ISY. If you had a trial on your new ISY, it will disappear.

Please note that a license transfer is permanent. It will not be possible to migrate the license back to the original ISY.

Update preferred ISY:

Selecting this option will update the preferred ISY on your user profile. If you are migrating Amazon Echo Spokens or Google Home Spokens, you should leave this selected.

Please note that if you use Mobilinc with ISY Portal, updating the preferred ISY will direct your Mobilinc requests to the new ISY.

2 hours ago, Eric said:

Any idea how to put the admin console on a desktop shortcut in Windows 11 instead of just in the taskbar ?

Interesting that it doesn't go to the desktop by default. It always has in prior Windows versions. I don't run Win11, but if it's like Win10 just drag it up to the desktop. 

Otherwise, clear the Java Cache (checking all 3 boxes) then run start.jnlp again. That should add it to desktop. If not, your settings might be blocking desktop icon creation. I've not ever seen others say it doesn't add it to the desktop in Win11.

Glad support resolved the issues.